What have y'all gotten your mothers this Sunday? watch

Announcements
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by jamestg)
    Looks like I'm in the sh*thouse and she even publicly shamed me...

Attachment 510525

Sorry I was asleep mum
    Meh, I've never done it

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by queen-bee)
    Haram yeah?
    mothers day is just a mothers day... it's not haram I guess :noway:
    gifts are just a showoff, how long they will last for; a month or 2 but not for the lifetime :mute:
    prayers, love, affection or maybe make something for her she'll appreciate it :yes: and all these things will make her happy and lasts for the whole life:love:
    but if you really wanna give gifts then give her something that she is interested in like kitchen stuff e.g. spoons, plates cups because whenever my mum goes outside she'll always buy something that relates to kitchen

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jamestg)
    Looks like I'm in the sh*thouse and she even publicly shamed me...

Attachment 510525

Sorry I was asleep mum
    A moment of silence for our fallen brother..

ReputationRep:
    nothing, dont slate me.

(Original post by Student403)
    Oh.

Right.

Totally didn't forget about that
    cruel haha

ReputationRep:
    We've got nothing planned ;3 - but I've gotten my mother banana shampoo and conditioner, philosophy raspberry sorbet 3 in 1 shower gel, bubble bath and shampoo, jelly beans, exfoliating facial mask, a toner

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mkap)
    nothing, dont slate me.

cruel haha
    :dontknow: she didn't care lol.. She literally said "chill it's just another day of the year" :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Student403)
    A moment of silence for our fallen brother..
    Thank you brother
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    I was thinking about what to buy her and then her DVD player in her room conked out, so I bought her a Blu Ray player (perfect timing!), some fancy chocolate and a bunch of flowers

ReputationRep:
    My mum is too far away to visit her today but i went on red letter days and bought her a tour of a vineyard with a wine tasting at a local vineyard near her house. I did this on wednesday and it got delivered nicely giftwrapped on friday. She seems super happy with it.

I went with an experience instead of "clutter" since they're currently cleaning up the house to try and sell it.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by fatima1998)
    gifts are just a showoff, how long they will last for; a month or 2 but not for the lifetime :mute:
    WRONG - thr Blu Ray player I got my mum comes with a lifetime warranty

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WoodyMKC)
    I was thinking about what to buy her and then her DVD player in her room conked out, so I bought her a Blu Ray player (perfect timing!), some fancy chocolate and a bunch of flowers
    Ooooooh somebody has gone on an all out spending spree

ReputationRep:
    I drew my mum a pelican with pen and ink.

ReputationRep:
    I never know what to get her because she's so picky, so I ask her what she wants or needs.

Luckily, she was about to run out of her everyday moisturiser (Clinique dramatically different moisture cream) and her eye cream (lush enchanted eye). There was also this pretty sick deal, so I got one moisturiser for me too and got a kawaii make up bag and sample set by Clinique for free!!!!!!!!!!

ReputationRep:
    WRONG - thr Blu Ray player I got my mum comes with a lifetime warranty
    ha ha ha
    okay
    are you giving her that?
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Ooooooh somebody has gone on an all out spending spree
    My mum knows it's my way of showing her I appreciate her really. I'm not the sort of person who is able to express my feelings and emotions to people verbally without feeling extremely uncomfortable :lol: so I have to find other ways.

ReputationRep:
    My mum knows it's my way of showing her I appreciate her really. I'm not the sort of person who is able to express my feelings and emotions to people verbally without feeling extremely uncomfortable :lol: so I have to find other ways.
    Why? Aww but actions speak louder than words anyway,I'm sure she's definitely appreciated the gifts
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by fatima1998)
    ha ha ha
    okay
    are you giving her that?
    Already have, she's using it now

ReputationRep:
    Already have, she's using it now
    :lol::lol::lol::lol:
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Why? Aww but actions speak louder than words anyway,I'm sure she's definitely appreciated the gifts
    It's been passed down, all the women in the family are outwardly emotional whereas the guys have difficulties talking about their feelings where it just feels weird :lol: I like to show a girl I love them with kisses and cuddles in bed and little gestures here and there, not really the sort of thing I can do with mumzy :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    Flowers!

Poll
Cats or dogs?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.