Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Do you agree or disagree?
    Alcohol should be banned/ severely controlled, just like Class A drugs

Get ready for a long response:

Firstly the question is "Do you agree or disagree?
    Alcohol should be banned/ severely controlled, just like Class A drugs"

To gain full marks in these types of questions, you must Always argue on both sides of the argument.
    I am arguing with Bible references included on a Christian view.

I agree that Alcohol should be severely banned/controlled like Class A Drugs. Alcohol causes more deaths that Class A Drugs, because it is easily accessible. Alcohol is sold in shops, restaurants and many other places thus these gives people the freedom to purchase these Drinks and abuse them in an un-healthy way.
    Alcohol is not only bad for our bodies, but it is destroying and corrupting God's place. In 1 Corinthians, the Bible describes the body as the temple for the holy spirit, so if we fill our bodies with Alcohol and dangerous substances we are also polluting the reigning place of the holy spirit.
    Further more, In proverbs the bible describes the wine as a "wine is a mocker, intoxicating drink arouses brawling" which highlights to the reader the danger of Alcohol.

I also Disagree that Alcohol should be serverely banned/controlled, due to the fact that if this recreational drink was banned, Gang crimes would increase because the Alcohol would be imported illegally thus increasing criminal activity. Alcohol has become a big social booster in society. Alcohol is used to allow people to have a great time at parties and to relax their mind, this is generally acceptable so long as the amount of Alcohol is not over-dosed.
    In the Bible, at the Last supper which Jesus had with he had with his disciples, he gave them "wine" to drink and he told them to "do these things in remembrance of me". This clearly points out that if Jesus drank and distributed the wine then we should likewise do the same and the bible clearly supports it as the Holy one (Jesus) even participated in the Wine (Alcohol). Jesus turned water into wine as well, and this exemplifies that he had no negative views on Drinking Alcohol.
    Finally, The bible Directly instructs us in Ecclesiastes to drink wine "“Drink your wine with a merry heart.".

Need any other help with your R.E or a more detailed answer? Email me at [email protected]
Have you ever experienced racism/sexism at uni?
Useful resources

Study tools

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.