Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Anyone doing/will do Politics and Philosophy at the LSE? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hi,
    I got into Politics and Philosophy at the LSE and philosophy at UCL. While I am still unsure of what to go for, I'm edging towards LSE. Would like to hear any feedback on the course/uni from anyone though. Apparently it's harder to get into than PPE at Oxford, although that makes me raise an eyebrow haha

ReputationRep:
    Well i don't personally do either of those courses but i have a friend at LSE doing Pol+Phil and she tell me that she really enjoys the course. I wouldn't be surprised if it was harder to get inot than PPE at Oxford since PPE is over-rated now days and is quite superficial in terms of the first year. The Pol part of the course at LSE focuses heavily on polical theory which is political philosophy (eg: Hobbes social contracts) , but LSE allows you to get a more practical course (eg: polsci classes + public policy) than the pure phil of just doing philosophy at UCL that doesn't have many professional avenues in the field.

ReputationRep:
    Ah thanks man, that's helpful info. I've already done a lot of prepping for the course just from recreational reading but wouldn't mind a bit more of a headstart as I'm on my gap year

ReputationRep:
    What would be my chances of getting in for this course? I have A*AAAAABBBB at GCSE and ABBB in AS with AAAB predicted.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 8, 2017
Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.