The Student Room Group

Bring ex back with no contact

So I recently broke up with an ex and we were together for two years. She was my everything, and I don't know what to do without her. Does the no contact rule make them come back? Has anyone experienced this? I know that the no contact rule is more about bettering yourself and moving on, I'm just also interested whether you've ever gotten back with an ex by doing this. I'm hoping it makes the heart grow fonder and makes them miss you
Look, you've broken up for a reason. No contact might make her miss you, but it might make her realise how happy she is to be single. If she still liked you she'd've stayed with you. You were together for two years, so she clearly thought long and hard about the decision to break up with you.
Original post by georgiaswift
Look, you've broken up for a reason. No contact might make her miss you, but it might make her realise how happy she is to be single. If she still liked you she'd've stayed with you. You were together for two years, so she clearly thought long and hard about the decision to break up with you.

It's the harsh truth, OP. You're just going to have to develop some independence and move on.

It'll be very unattractive to her if you show up desperately begging for another chance or whatever. Always remember that a relationship is two sided and she left the relationship for a reason.
Original post by Anonymous
So I recently broke up with an ex and we were together for two years. She was my everything, and I don't know what to do without her. Does the no contact rule make them come back? Has anyone experienced this? I know that the no contact rule is more about bettering yourself and moving on, I'm just also interested whether you've ever gotten back with an ex by doing this. I'm hoping it makes the heart grow fonder and makes them miss you

No other person should ever be your "everything". That most likely doomed your relationship from the start.

Either way it's over now and you need to move on before you drift into fantasy land; her heart wont grow fonder and she's not going to come running into your arms. Most people will only break up a long term relationship if they'd been thinking long and hard about it for some time.

You need to take some time to reflect, and I suggest you work on improving yourself as a person before you even think of getting into another relationship. Develop some emotional independence, get rid of neediness/dependency on others and just make some overall improvements to your own sense of self worth. Don't ever make someone else your 'everything' again.
Reply 4
My ex bf did this to me few times. It worked at the first time. And now.... I move on already and the sparks is gone. If the issues between u and her still not fix, even tough ur both back together, it won't last long. And the worst thing about break up are, everything was awkward between the two of you, and there will be trust issues. So if u really can get her back with this no contact thing... Make sure u fix the issue. Only by that ur both can last long.

FYI, no contact rules is a sick mind games. Well, least that's what I think

Posted from TSR Mobile
I was in exactly the same position as you and I can promise you that you won't be getting back with your ex. However unkind that sounds, it's the truth. Me and my GF were together for 3 years and when we broke up I spent a good two months googling and researching ways to get her back (I'm so embarrassed to admit that now, lol).
I tried the no contact rule, I tried making her jealous I did everything. I gained nothing from doing this. Whilst I was obsessing over her and planning my grand plan to win her back she was getting over me, moving on and dare I say it sleeping with other guys.
Breaking up after a long term relationship is like losing a loved one. You have to grieve. The best way I found to get over her was to keep busy and focus on myself. I blocked her on all social media and I erased her out of my life. You're not accepting that it's over, but it is. I'm sorry, but it's so over and once you've accepted that you can begin to move on. Time is the greatest healer.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending