Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Concerned about going into Teacher Training given how much I owe for undergraduate... Watch

ReputationRep:
    How much would I have to repay if I earned over £21,000 and borrowed on both plans?

Okay finding this really confusing...

Did a 5 year course at Edinburgh uni, one year of which was Erasmus so no tuition fees. It was on the old plan as I started the course in 2010. I got the maximum loan and grant given my parent's low household income. It was also back when tuition fees cost only £1850 (approx).

From September I am going to be doing a PGCE at UCL. £9000 for the year, plus planning on getting the maintenance loan, which I think is around £5800.

Say I were to earn over £17,000 or £21,000 a year, what would the maximum amount I would have to pay back be per year and per month? I know this would be a very average amount, but I am worried about going in to teacher training given how in debt I already am.
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    Official TSR Representative
    Hi lizfairy

You pay back 9% of earnings over the threshold. Current plan 1 threshold £17335 and plan 2 £21000

There are some examples at the bottom of this page: http://bit.ly/19gREvX

Thanks

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.