That was horrendous
Reply 24
It was horrible
lmao everyone on our school was crying
Original post by Clutched
lmao everyone on our school was crying

are you serious haha
Reply 27
What do you guys think the boundaries will be?
Reply 28
Don't kill me but I actually found it to be accessible! x)
Worst exam in my life. I didnot see a harder unit 6 paper before. I became so frustrated at how i had to think and think and i already knew half way through i wouldnt be able to answer all questions. Questions 3 and 4 was death for me. Ironically i answered question 2 last which seemed easier but i couldnt finish it.
Original post by Aimen.
Don't kill me but I actually found it to be accessible! x)

How did you get the 1st part of question 2 where they asked show that equilibtium concentration of x is 0.09..... I forgot what x was and the number.
Reply 31
Original post by thebrahmabull
How did you get the 1st part of question 2 where they asked show that equilibtium concentration of x is 0.09..... I forgot what x was and the number.

It was 0.096 I guess. Well that was the worst part of my life (Last minute, the examiners shouting and huge exam stress) but well it's like I found HCl conc. first and it was 0.01 and then I got moles of NaCl in 5cm^3 and then got in 25cm^3 then subtracted the HCl moles and phewww got it! and the time ran out so gaaaah!
Reply 32
Original post by neal_
What do you guys think the boundaries will be?

I suppose A* would be around 35 and full UMS near 40.
But you can never trust these edexcel guys!
Original post by Aimen.
It was 0.096 I guess. Well that was the worst part of my life (Last minute, the examiners shouting and huge exam stress) but well it's like I found HCl conc. first and it was 0.01 and then I got moles of NaCl in 5cm^3 and then got in 25cm^3 then subtracted the HCl moles and phewww got it! and the time ran out so gaaaah!

Damn...i started off by calculating moles of titre (naoh) used which i assumed was the moles of ethanoic acid and due to all stress i couldnt think of anything else.
This paper for me is tougher than the paper in jan 2016, so I guess for A* this time, it's gonna be 29-32...
Reply 35
let me tell u guys something.. it wasn't unit 6 it actually was unit 4 and 5 combined!! where the heck were all those preparation techniques ?? btw guys tell me the value of Kc were u getting it as 0.3 something.. and for the preparation involving benzene what was the structural formula of the product that formed was it sodium benzoate ? :mad::mad:
Original post by Ameera98
let me tell u guys something.. it wasn't unit 6 it actually was unit 4 and 5 combined!! where the heck were all those preparation techniques ?? btw guys tell me the value of Kc were u getting it as 0.3 something.. and for the preparation involving benzene what was the structural formula of the product that formed was it sodium benzoate ? :mad::mad:

Same here, this paper needs much more thinking and calculating... 75mibs for doing this paper is short for me...
That paper was bad.
Did anyone else get an ester sodium salt for the structural question?
And what did you guys write for the errors at the end?
Original post by MisterRabbit
That paper was bad.
Did anyone else get an ester sodium salt for the structural question?
And what did you guys write for the errors at the end?

I also got an ester sodium salt (sodium benzoate)
Original post by xbuttermelon
I also got an ester sodium salt (sodium benzoate)

That makes me happy!!!
For the errors question I put Remove H+, use only one of the vanadium ions and replace with paper with kno3.
A froend wrote use a Pt electrode instead of vanadium which was right apparently (confirmed by teacher)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending