Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MisterRabbit)
    That makes me happy!!!
    For the errors question I put Remove H+, use only one of the vanadium ions and replace with paper with kno3.
    A froend wrote use a Pt electrode instead of vanadium which was right apparently (confirmed by teacher)
    why would u remove H+ ions?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ameera98)
    Couldnt think of anything else at that moment.
    However, other people (A* students) also put that because 'H+ can react with the electrode/ions'....

ReputationRep:
    I also wrote remove H+ ions because I couldn't see the significance of having them..lol

ReputationRep:
    What was the organic product you guys drew the skeletal formula for?!?!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AvWOW)
    What was the organic product you guys drew the skeletal formula for?!?!
    Skeletal?????

ReputationRep:
    How was the second question ? I took a lot of time to figure out how to do it. What did you guys get for the Kc value ?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    can someone please explain why p and q would both have 5 peaks for NMR i thought its FOUR IM CRYING

I DIED LITERALLY DIED

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by O$car)
    can someone please explain why p and q would both have 5 peaks for NMR i thought its FOUR IM CRYING

I DIED LITERALLY DIED
    Spoiler:
    Show
    what are you talking about ??? the benzene structures?? nitrobenzene i mean.. it was asked whether low resolution NMR could differentiate between these compounds i mean would it give different peaks for these 3 compounds.. when did it ask how many peaks would it form lol ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by O$car)

I DIED LITERALLY DIED
    what are you talking about ??? the benzene structures?? nitrobenzene i mean.. it was asked whether low resolution NMR could differentiate between these compounds i mean would it give different peaks for these 3 compounds.. when did it ask how many peaks would it form lol ?

ReputationRep:
    Yea that question i said number of peaks could differentiate them since they have different numbers of H environments and went on to state the how many there are for each

BUT THE CHEM GENIUSES AT MY SCHOOL SAID P AND Q HAVE SAME NUMBER OF H ENVIRONMENTS my life is over

ReputationRep:
    Those geniuses are ****ed up
    What did the structures look like

ReputationRep:
    Tbvh it was like the *****iest paper alive 😤

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by O$car)
    Yea that question i said number of peaks could differentiate them since they have different numbers of H environments and went on to state the how many there are for each

BUT THE CHEM GENIUSES AT MY SCHOOL SAID P AND Q HAVE SAME NUMBER OF H ENVIRONMENTS my life is over
    Initially I thought they both have 5 hydrogen environments but then checked back and convinced myself p actually has 4... infact I don't even know why I thought it was 5 initially.. Idk

ReputationRep:
    definitely 10...it was so hard.. What do guys think the grade boundaries are going to be?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by apocolyptic)
    definitely 10...it was so hard.. What do guys think the grade boundaries are going to be?
    Compare this exam to the one in january 2016

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xbuttermelon)
    I also got an ester sodium salt (sodium benzoate)
    what question is that? O_O

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lizysheron)
    what question is that? O_O
    Question 3. It's about that student who decided to skip all the steps except for step 1 or something and obtained crystals of another organic product..we had to draw the structural formula I think..I don't really remember

ReputationRep:
    Question 3. It's about that student who decided to skip all the steps except for step 1 or something and obtained crystals of another organic product..we had to draw the structural formula I think..I don't really remember
    oh right, the structural formula for the other compound formed. But wasnt in an acyl chloride since hydrochloric acid was used i think

ReputationRep:
    I also got an ester sodium salt (sodium benzoate)
    But didn't it ask for the organic product??? I didn't write sodium benzoate cause it was Sodium in it, which I thought made it inorganic??? oh gosh

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lizysheron)
    oh right, the structural formula for the other compound formed. But wasnt in an acyl chloride since hydrochloric acid was used i think
    I got an ester sodium salt actually
    and the way I remember, it was NaOH

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Have you ever participated in a Secret Santa?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.