Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Experiences??

ReputationRep:
    im cancer and im sweet
    Fkmylife agrees as well

ReputationRep:
    In a relationship? My ex was a Scorpio and I'm a Cancer.
    Scorpio's (typically) have a quick temper and can't take criticism well, they can be materialistic and impulsive with money.
    Cancer's (again, typically) are really sensitive and soft, careful with money and retreat into their shell easily.

Basically, somewhat the opposite of each other. I found my ex's quick temper really hard to deal with given my sensitivity and the way he threw money about like it was nothing went against my nature to want to save and build a nest. We had a great relationship when we got on but the low's were really low because we were so fundamentally different. I read a lot about Scorpio x Cancer relationships while we were together and it said that it will be turbulent and rocky and sometimes the Cancer will wish they'd gone for a solid, dependable Leo or Pisces but the pay-off would be worth it. It also said that if they should ever part, they'd spend the rest of their lives missing each other.

Don't know how true any of the above is, it's just what I read and experienced in my relationship. Every person is different so don't take it as gospel truth.

ReputationRep:
    i'm Aires

ReputationRep:
    I'm Cancer. Never been with a Scorpio however judging by Katarvi's experience, I don't think we'd be compatible.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ishea16)
    im cancer and im sweet
    Fkmylife agrees as well
    no

ReputationRep:
    I'm... it doesn't matter, because it's all bs

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fkmylife)
    no
    he meant yes

ReputationRep:
    he meant yes
    its a no from me

ReputationRep:
    It doesn't matter. Don't let star signs dictate your life, all they say is X star sign is *insert basic personality trait*.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SubZero~)
    I'm Cancer. Never been with a Scorpio however judging by Katarvi's experience, I don't think we'd be compatible.
    10/10 would not recommend dating a Scorpio.
    My mum, dad, brother and niece are all Scorpio's and are all the exact same.

ReputationRep:
    Tried it. Cancer is too emotional and moody for scorpios

ReputationRep:
    im cancer and im sweet
    Fkmylife agrees as well
    Hey,
    sorry unrelated question...

which rising sign is the best looking (male):

Caner rising
    Gemini Rising
    Aquarius rising
    Virgo Rising

Rank them in order from best looking to least , please ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by money-for-all)
    Hey,
    sorry unrelated question...

which rising sign is the best looking (male):

Caner rising
    Gemini Rising
    Aquarius rising
    Virgo Rising

Rank them in order from best looking to least , please ?
    erm what do you mean
    rising sign?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Katarvi)
    In a relationship? My ex was a Scorpio and I'm a Cancer.
    Scorpio's (typically) have a quick temper and can't take criticism well, they can be materialistic and impulsive with money.
    Cancer's (again, typically) are really sensitive and soft, careful with money and retreat into their shell easily.

Basically, somewhat the opposite of each other. I found my ex's quick temper really hard to deal with given my sensitivity and the way he threw money about like it was nothing went against my nature to want to save and build a nest. We had a great relationship when we got on but the low's were really low because we were so fundamentally different. I read a lot about Scorpio x Cancer relationships while we were together and it said that it will be turbulent and rocky and sometimes the Cancer will wish they'd gone for a solid, dependable Leo or Pisces but the pay-off would be worth it. It also said that if they should ever part, they'd spend the rest of their lives missing each other.

Don't know how true any of the above is, it's just what I read and experienced in my relationship. Every person is different so don't take it as gospel truth.
    You realise that this tripe has been plucked from thin air don't you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Saturnine.)
    You realise that this tripe has been plucked from thin air don't you?
    Not necessarily. Not all horoscopes are accurate and not everyone is anything like their zodiac sign, but for some I think it can definitely be true.
    I 100% fit the definition of a Cancer and what Scorpio's I know have 100% fit the definition of a Scorpio. I also found what I read about the relationship between Cancer's and Scorpio's to be extremely accurate from my relationship with my ex.

Again, not saying it's the gospel truth or applicable to EVERY relationship between those signs, but for me and my experience, it was.

ReputationRep:
    Not necessarily. Not all horoscopes are accurate and not everyone is anything like their zodiac sign, but for some I think it can definitely be true.
    I 100% fit the definition of a Cancer and what Scorpio's I know have 100% fit the definition of a Scorpio. I also found what I read about the relationship between Cancer's and Scorpio's to be extremely accurate from my relationship with my ex.

Again, not saying it's the gospel truth or applicable to EVERY relationship between those signs, but for me and my experience, it was.
    Yes, this is because horoscopes are made to be so vague and general that people can often relate to all of them.

You're being duped by frauds who should be in prison.

ReputationRep:
    Yes, this is because horoscopes are made to be so vague and general that people can often relate to all of them.

You're being duped by frauds who should be in prison.
    Do you mean the weekly/monthly bull you see in the paper and magazines? Those are definitely made-up and purposefully vague. I'm not entirely stupid.
    I don't feel like I'm being duped when my experiences and personality are proof enough to me that for some people at least, Zodiac signs can be accurate.
    I'm not spending money on it or being scammed in any way, so don't see the harm in any of it. It's no more fraudulent or wrong than someone believing in a certain religion.

ReputationRep:
    Do you mean the weekly/monthly bull you see in the paper and magazines? Those are definitely made-up and purposefully vague. I'm not entirely stupid.
    I don't feel like I'm being duped when my experiences and personality are proof enough to me that for some people at least, Zodiac signs can be accurate.
    I'm not spending money on it or being scammed in any way, so don't see the harm in any of it. It's no more fraudulent or wrong than someone believing in a certain religion.
    Believing in horoscopes is obviously less respectable than identifying as a Christian

The fact that you sometimes can relate to them doesn't mean anything. You can relate to them because they are made to be so general that basically anyone could

ReputationRep:
    Believing in horoscopes is obviously less respectable than identifying as a Christian

The fact that you sometimes can relate to them doesn't mean anything. You can relate to them because they are made to be so general that basically anyone could
    I didn't say it was any more or less respectable, simply that is wasn't any more fraudulent or wrong.
    The fact that someone may sometimes feel that God is listening to their prayers doesn't inherently mean anything either.

I respect that you don't believe in the signs of the zodiac and don't seek to lecture you or change that fact. Please afford me the same courtesy.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 9, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.