Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    After a conversation with my department's admissions tutor, she informed me that 1 of your 6 modules for your first year is with another department.

It can be in pretty much any subject as long as it doesn't clash with your main subjects timetable.

I wasn't actually aware of this when applying for the course but I'm now intrigued by the possibility of doing a history course or the "Harry Potter" module in educational studies.

What's your main subject and what are you thinking of taking as your elective module?

SS

ReputationRep:
    I'm assuming here that this isn't just a Comp Sci thing and its something for all Durham first years.

ReputationRep:
    Oh wow I didn't know this either! My main is natural science so I guess I already have a lot of module-choosing to do. I think I might be doing a humanity module like history or economics!

ReputationRep:
    If I go to Durham I'll probably do a module in a foreign language.

ReputationRep:
    Is this only for your first year?

ReputationRep:
    Be aware that it is not always possible to get a place on a module of your choice - don't let that put you off trying though. Places on popular modules will always be given to students from that department first and so may be full before you have a chance to sign up. I know that to be the case on some History modules this year.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lagomorph)
    Is this only for your first year?
    Yes, it's only your first year, I believe!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.