Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by MezmorisedPotato)
    You seem motivated to get those high grades and I wish you the best! Good luck!
    Thank you I want to achieve high and get grade results Hopefully this motivation carries on ....
    Good luck to you tooo

You know me - I just love these smiley faces I don't even know why
    It's like an addict
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    01/04/16 MORNING UPDATE
    It's already April ...
    So.. Today I want to get quite a lot done but i want to focus more on past papers and weaknesses.

1. I am going to review Biology unit 2 ( 1 hour or more if needed)
    2. Do a past paper, find all my weaknesses and hopefully go through them all ( textbook, youtube)
    3. After looking at weaknesses , i shall review B2 again
    4. Another past paper, weaknesses etc...
    5. Maths
    6. Chemistry/ Physics past paper
    7. Another B2 paper if i have time and write down weaknesses of b2
    8. Plan for tomorrow
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Hey Guys, UPDATE FOR 01/04/2016
    So today I've managed to do everything that i planned to

1. Review of Biology unit 2
    2. Three past papers and looked at all the weaknesses
    3. Physics paper marked and Biology unit 3 overview
    4. Writing down all my weaknesses for Biology Unit 2 - so then i would know where to concentrate more.

Because it's April I feel like it would be best if i started to do more past papers and looked at my weakness rather than writing notes all the time as it's time-consuming but I've made notes for all the subjects except from Psychology. then i would have more time to do past papers because they are so crucial Apparently, examiners recycle questions but in a different form ...

I was just wondering but are any of you guys stressing and panicking because i don't seem to.... ??
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Hey Guys ,
    So today which is 02/04/2016 I am planning to do a fair amount of revision but i am not motivated at all
    However, I want to:
    1. Revise Topic C, Overview
    2. Try at Past paper questions on topic C
    3. When I am done with topic C I will move onto Topic D then E
    4. If i have time i will complete a whole past paper to see what grade i get and write down all the weaknesses.

Hopefully i get all of this done ASAP I shall update you guys later again WHOOP WHOOP

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nisha.sri)
    Hey Guys, UPDATE FOR 01/04/2016
    So today I've managed to do everything that i planned to

1. Review of Biology unit 2
    2. Three past papers and looked at all the weaknesses
    3. Physics paper marked and Biology unit 3 overview
    4. Writing down all my weaknesses for Biology Unit 2 - so then i would know where to concentrate more.

Because it's April I feel like it would be best if i started to do more past papers and looked at my weakness rather than writing notes all the time as it's time-consuming but I've made notes for all the subjects except from Psychology. then i would have more time to do past papers because they are so crucial Apparently, examiners recycle questions but in a different form ...

I was just wondering but are any of you guys stressing and panicking because i don't seem to.... ??

I'm not panicking and I'm not as far in revision as id like to be 😓. Probably because I'm still holding on to my good mock results
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by ScienceFantatic)
    I'm not panicking and I'm not as far in revision as id like to be 😓. Probably because I'm still holding on to my good mock results
    Haha What did you get in your mocks? How is your revision
    Same here probably because i've already done 2 of my gcse's and in past papers i seem to get high grades

ReputationRep:
    Haha What did you get in your mocks? How is your revision
    Same here probably because i've already done 2 of my gcse's and in past papers i seem to get high grades
    Got 7 A*s 3A's, wbu?
    It's going ok but I'm not at the past paper stage... That'll probably be a week or so before the exam

Just finished making c2 structure and bonding flash cards and want to do 3 more topics today
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by ScienceFantatic)
    Got 7 A*s 3A's, wbu?
    It's going ok but I'm not at the past paper stage... That'll probably be a week or so before the exam

Just finished making c2 structure and bonding flash cards and want to do 3 more topics today
    Great well done i got ahh i can't remember lol
    You could look on this thread but at the start

I'm doing psychology past papers and for science , do you do triple

ReputationRep:
    Revision Thread :eek::cool: PATHWAY TO THE A*

So, here it goes... whoop whoop whoop
    Loads of people were doing a thread like this so i thought why can't i try it out myself so here it is

Maths Edexcel- A*
    Statistics-A*
    Biology-A*
    Chemistry-A*
    Physics-A*
    English Literature-A
    English Language-A*
    Psychology-A*
    Geography-A
    French-A*

I have already done two of my gcse's which are:
    Maths IGCSE - A*
    English Cambridge International Examinations- B ( but i am happy with that)

I really badly want to get the grades above therefore if anyone could be kind enough and help me out on revision. The sixth form i want to go to wants me to get high grades and i really want to go there!

Hope you guys understand and could you possibly help me out on how you revise? how much you revise? revision suggestions? and many more.
    I will try my best to help you guys out as well. Whoop Whoop Let's do it guys , let's all get the grades we want and reach for the stars

Thank you,
    Nisha
    Hi,

First of all, I just wanted to say how impressive your work ethic is and I am sure you will get those top grades that you want.

I am also aiming for as many A*s as possible and I feel that this is achievable after seeing my mock grades and the recent past papers I have been doing.

I was just wondering how do you manage to keep focused/motivated for so long? I do quite a few hours of revision per day and I am hoping to increase this but I sometimes find it hard to stay focused...how do you do it?!
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by lilacpotato)
    Hi,

First of all, I just wanted to say how impressive your work ethic is and I am sure you will get those top grades that you want.

I am also aiming for as many A*s as possible and I feel that this is achievable after seeing my mock grades and the recent past papers I have been doing.

I was just wondering how do you manage to keep focused/motivated for so long? I do quite a few hours of revision per day and I am hoping to increase this but I sometimes find it hard to stay focused...how do you do it?!
    Hello,
    Aw Thank you , i am sure that you will get the grades that you'd want as well

Well, usually which is during the Easter holidays i want to work really hard and efficiently so i've decided to make a timetable and a list on what i must have done after the easter holiday I also feel that you should take breaks but sometimes my breaks last longer than it should , so i would say after an hour of revision i would take a break for 5 mins but it would last for 10 mins which isn't great. During easter i would do 7-8 hours or more if i get the time but if i'm tired then i won't do anything Again, it's not about the hours but about how much you take in Not the quantity but the quality

In order to stay motivated i usually go on youtube and type of gcse results a whole load of them would come up and i would click on them ( obviously) and i would watch them this would motivate me a lot
    There are some that i can recommend:
    1. Cutie Fish Gcse results
    2. Caragh Deery gcse results

I actually talk like i'm an expert or something but today has probably been the most unproductive day of my life , I've literally done nothing well only reading through a textbook and answering one question- I'VE LITERALLY LOST MY MOTIVATION TODAY hopefully tomorrow i 'll be back on track

How do you stay motivated? How long do you revise for? Also, what did you get in your mocks? and what subjects are you doing at the moment and board?

Sorry for so many questions but i hope i helped you out x

ReputationRep:
    Hello,
    Aw Thank you , i am sure that you will get the grades that you'd want as well

Well, usually which is during the Easter holidays i want to work really hard and efficiently so i've decided to make a timetable and a list on what i must have done after the easter holiday I also feel that you should take breaks but sometimes my breaks last longer than it should , so i would say after an hour of revision i would take a break for 5 mins but it would last for 10 mins which isn't great. During easter i would do 7-8 hours or more if i get the time but if i'm tired then i won't do anything Again, it's not about the hours but about how much you take in Not the quantity but the quality

In order to stay motivated i usually go on youtube and type of gcse results a whole load of them would come up and i would click on them ( obviously) and i would watch them this would motivate me a lot
    There are some that i can recommend:
    1. Cutie Fish Gcse results
    2. Caragh Deery gcse results

I actually talk like i'm an expert or something but today has probably been the most unproductive day of my life , I've literally done nothing well only reading through a textbook and answering one question- I'VE LITERALLY LOST MY MOTIVATION TODAY hopefully tomorrow i 'll be back on track

How do you stay motivated? How long do you revise for? Also, what did you get in your mocks? and what subjects are you doing at the moment and board?

Sorry for so many questions but i hope i helped you out x
    Thank you for the advice, I will have a look on youtube!
    I'm sure you'll be back on track tomorrow!

I do have a bit of trouble staying focused but I would say scheduling in some breaks does usually help me stay motivated. I usually revise a subject for no more than an hour each, over Easter I have been doing 4ish hours per day (on a good day!)

In my mocks I got all A*s (we didn't do one for every subject tho!)

I'm doing...
    Maths - AQA
    English Language - Edexcel
    Chemistry - AQA
    Physics - AQA
    French - AQA
    German - AQA
    Geography - OCR
    R.E - Edexcel
    Astronomy - Edexcel (don't ask why! )

Last year I did two GCSEs, Biology and Eng Lit and I got an A* in both.

Thanks again for the help and good luck!
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Thank you for the advice, I will have a look on youtube!
    I'm sure you'll be back on track tomorrow!

I do have a bit of trouble staying focused but I would say scheduling in some breaks does usually help me stay motivated. I usually revise a subject for no more than an hour each, over Easter I have been doing 4ish hours per day (on a good day!)

In my mocks I got all A*s (we didn't do one for every subject tho!)

I'm doing...
    Maths - AQA
    English Language - Edexcel
    Chemistry - AQA
    Physics - AQA
    French - AQA
    German - AQA
    Geography - OCR
    R.E - Edexcel
    Astronomy - Edexcel (don't ask why! )

Last year I did two GCSEs, Biology and Eng Lit and I got an A* in both.

Thanks again for the help and good luck!
    Wow Well done you do the same board as me for sciences.Are you doing Triple Science? Oh, well done in your mocks!

ReputationRep:
    Wow Well done you do the same board as me for sciences.Are you doing Triple Science? Oh, well done in your mocks!
    Thank you!

Yes, I do Triple Science
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Thank you!

Yes, I do Triple Science
    So do I Have you revised and also how are you finding them?
    I hate the fact that unit 2 and unit 3 are on the same day. GAH!

ReputationRep:
    So do I Have you revised and also how are you finding them?
    I hate the fact that unit 2 and unit 3 are on the same day. GAH!
    I've gone through the spec once for most of it and made resources, now I'm refreshing it and doing past papers...

I know - it's so annoying! At least we can get them over and done with I guess! Physics 2 and 3 are my last exams whoop whoop!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Update 02/04/16
    So, today i shall say ' it has been the most unproductive day during the Easter holiday' that is because I wasn't motivated and i couldn't be bothered to do anything as i got distracted but this is my fault ... I decided to take a break but i felt guilty so I got a little bit done

Only managed to get a past paper done and revised the three topics + weaknesses

1. Topic C - Overview & questions - Grade A
    2. Topic D - Overview & questions - Grade A*
    3. Topic E - Overview & questions - Grade A

Overall Grade A ( could have got an A* if i memorised the case studies)

Tomorrow i promise to get a lot done
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    I've gone through the spec once for most of it and made resources, now I'm refreshing it and doing past papers...

I know - it's so annoying! At least we can get them over and done with I guess! Physics 2 and 3 are my last exams whoop whoop!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Same how do you usually revise for science?
    Could you help me out with these questions on the spec for B1?

Analyseand evaluate claims made by slimming programmes, and slimming products
    Evaluate the consequences of mutations of bacteria andviruses in relation to epidemics and pandemics.
    I know right it really angers me I have statistics as well which is literally 10 days after physics 2 and 3 & Geography 3

Thank you x

ReputationRep:
    Same how do you usually revise for science?
    Could you help me out with these questions on the spec for B1?

Analyseand evaluate claims made by slimming programmes, and slimming products
    Evaluate the consequences of mutations of bacteria andviruses in relation to epidemics and pandemics.
    I know right it really angers me I have statistics as well which is literally 10 days after physics 2 and 3 & Geography 3

Thank you x
    I used to swear by making mind maps but this year I've been making flash cards instead...what do you do?

I did the Biology sections last year so B1 isn't exactly fresh in my mind! Have you got the CGP revision guide? I vaguely remember there being a page on the first question at least...

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    I used to swear by making mind maps but this year I've been making flash cards instead...what do you do?

I did the Biology sections last year so B1 isn't exactly fresh in my mind! Have you got the CGP revision guide? I vaguely remember there being a page on the first question at least...

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Oh yeah i do i will check on it but i dont have the biology cgp book though
    I revise by looking at the spec and i've also made flashcards on the weak topics and lastly writing notes and memorising them

ReputationRep:
    Oh yeah i do i will check on it but i dont have the biology cgp book though
    I revise by looking at the spec and i've also made flashcards on the weak topics and lastly writing notes and memorising them
    You might find the bottom sections of these two pages helpful (they're from the CGP Biology revision guide)

Name:  Photo 03-04-2016, 09 44 39.jpg
Views: 314
Size:  566.3 KB
    Attached Images

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.