Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nisha.sri)
    Haha you seem to be doing really well Keep up the good work. What are you predicted? A*'s ? you seem to know what your doing !!
    My revision is going well but sometimes i procrastinate which upsets me but it's good to have a break Are you ready for the exams?
    Lol. Thanks yup you too, keep up the great work!

Haha. Predictions are a big thing! Basically, every school must get an interim report every term. My targets at the end of GCSEs (which was based on Year 6 SATS results), put me for the subjects I have taken as mostly B's and a few As.

But I worked hard all through secondary school that my predictions are now As and A*s. My mock grades were pretty good..I know the content (most of it anyway), it's just about putting some of it right on paper. Hopefully I get many A*s!

Breaks are important and its easy to get diverted. I procrastinate as well and have done a lot in these holidays so I haven't done as much as I planned to but then again I am going to use my time wisely once were back at school from next week.

I'm not ready for all exams. If they were to be tomorrow, the only one I could do would probably be the listening&reading for Mandarin (Chinese) language and then the drama theory if that were to be in 2-3 days time.

The sciences (unit 1 and 2) I could do good in but they all wouldn't be A*s yet. I could probably do decent for this stage if my exams were in a few days but the grades I want will hopefully be achieved during the actual exam period thus I need to prepare lots more.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by sulaimanali)
    Lol. Thanks yup you too, keep up the great work!

Haha. Predictions are a big thing! Basically, every school must get an interim report every term. My targets at the end of GCSEs (which was based on Year 6 SATS results), put me for the subjects I have taken as mostly B's and a few As.

But I worked hard all through secondary school that my predictions are now As and A*s. My mock grades were pretty good..I know the content (most of it anyway), it's just about putting some of it right on paper. Hopefully I get many A*s!

Breaks are important and its easy to get diverted. I procrastinate as well and have done a lot in these holidays so I haven't done as much as I planned to but then again I am going to use my time wisely once were back at school from next week.

I'm not ready for all exams. If they were to be tomorrow, the only one I could do would probably be the listening&reading for Mandarin (Chinese) language and then the drama theory if that were to be in 2-3 days time.

The sciences (unit 1 and 2) I could do good in but they all wouldn't be A*s yet. I could probably do decent for this stage if my exams were in a few days but the grades I want will hopefully be achieved during the actual exam period thus I need to prepare lots more.
    Oh yes , i hate the Year 6 predicitions but now they've changed to A's and A*
    What's your exam board for science? Mine's AQA and i don't like revising for Physics

ReputationRep:
    Oh yes , i hate the Year 6 predicitions but now they've changed to A's and A*
    What's your exam board for science? Mine's AQA and i don't like revising for Physics
    Yeah the Yr6 Predictions are so silly. Yr 6 is 6 years away from the actual GCSE final exams and everyone works hard that those predictions mean nothing! Its stupid like my GCSE Drama final grade prediction from the YR6 SATS results comes from my English SATS results supposedly because both subjects link as they are writing subjects and the fact that there are elements of drama in English Literature!

AQA Triple Science for me 2 I didn't like Physics either but I revised thoroughly for P1 and P2 these Easter holidays that now I get it. The aim now is to get 50 marks and above for all past papers and the final exams!
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Yeah the Yr6 Predictions are so silly. Yr 6 is 6 years away from the actual GCSE final exams and everyone works hard that those predictions mean nothing! Its stupid like my GCSE Drama final grade prediction from the YR6 SATS results comes from my English SATS results supposedly because both subjects link as they are writing subjects and the fact that there are elements of drama in English Literature!

AQA Triple Science for me 2 I didn't like Physics either but I revised thoroughly for P1 and P2 these Easter holidays that now I get it. The aim now is to get 50 marks and above for all past papers and the final exams!
    I know right! I don't understand forces , well i understand the context but when a question comes up then i don't even know what to do. Haha I hate the fact that unit 3's and unit 2's are on the same day -.-
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    MORNING UPDATE 07/04/16

I actually woke up really early today So, i better get my work done Haha

1. Physics Unit 1 - ( Read through notes) - 25 topics -
    2. Do 3 Past papers - weaknesses -
    3. Answer questions on my book -
    4. One last Past papers :nyan::nutcase::music:

ReputationRep:
    I know right! I don't understand forces , well i understand the context but when a question comes up then i don't even know what to do. Haha I hate the fact that unit 3's and unit 2's are on the same day -.-
    Haha...yeah I agree with you. This happens a lot to me (especially in Physics). I hate where they give u qs with equations but u end up having to use more than one to figure the answer out.

Yeah, I agree, unit 2 and 3 on the same day are gunna be tough! Oh well..it is what it is.

Perhaps Unit 1 and 2 should be on the same day (they're easier)! But then the unit 1s shouldn't be early if u1andu2 would be together.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Haha...yeah I agree with you. This happens a lot to me (especially in Physics). I hate where they give u qs with equations but u end up having to use more than one to figure the answer out.

Yeah, I agree, unit 2 and 3 on the same day are gunna be tough! Oh well..it is what it is.

Perhaps Unit 1 and 2 should be on the same day (they're easier)! But then the unit 1s shouldn't be early if u1andu2 would be together.
    That's true I feel like Unit 3 is much easier than Unit 2 but that's only for Physics and maybe chemistry . I feel like it's more interesting Haha!! How do you revise for your sciences?

ReputationRep:
    That's true I feel like Unit 3 is much easier than Unit 2 but that's only for Physics and maybe chemistry . I feel like it's more interesting Haha!! How do you revise for your sciences?
    Unit 3s seem to be more practical and advanced which is probably why they are more interesting e.g. medical applications, stability, magnets and then the haber process, the alcohols, the different experiments for flame tests (qualitative and quantitative analysis), hard water and so on.

I think both units for Physics are okay and I need to revise Unit 3 chemistry a bit more to decide how it compares to unit 2.

I personally revise through a textbook or revision guide and then do past papers. Not sure if note taking helps much for me! Then I do other end of topic questions online (because I have different resources) and through textbooks. What about you?

ReputationRep:
    I sometimes get people to test me and I use other resources eg. teacher provided P1,P2,P3 workbooklets to consolidate everything to revise.

Instead of note-taking (everything, for sciences), the topics I'll struggle I'll take notes or key points.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Unit 3s seem to be more practical and advanced which is probably why they are more interesting e.g. medical applications, stability, magnets and then the haber process, the alcohols, the different experiments for flame tests (qualitative and quantitative analysis), hard water and so on.

I think both units for Physics are okay and I need to revise Unit 3 chemistry a bit more to decide how it compares to unit 2.

I personally revise through a textbook or revision guide and then do past papers. Not sure if note taking helps much for me! Then I do other end of topic questions online (because I have different resources) and through textbooks. What about you?
    That's very true For science i usually revise by textbooks e.g AQA ones and i watch videos on youtube to consolidate everything. After that i would do a past paper but i would only do a past paper after revising everything

I also take notes but sometimes i prefer looking at the text book and learning things from there because it's much neater I usually get my sister to test me but that's very unlikely so i would test myself and say it over and over again or write it out over and over again. I feel like i learn more and better if i repeat things and say stuff out numerous times

I usually focus more on Biology and Chemistry because that's what i'm planning to take for A-levels However, i do a bit from eveything

ReputationRep:
    I've basically been making notes on Sciences throughout the year, I finished doing this in February. Last week I wrote up the specifications in mindmap form, splitting each unit into A and B e.g. C2a,C2b,P2a,P2b etc. So now I have notes on the textbooks and the specifications which I find really useful. So from now on i'm just doing past papers and they're going really well so far

ReputationRep:
    MORNING UPDATE 07/04/16

I actually woke up really early today So, i better get my work done Haha

1. Physics Unit 1 - ( Read through notes) - 25 topics -
    2. Do 3 Past papers - weaknesses -
    3. Answer questions on my book -
    4. One last Past papers :nyan::nutcase::music:
    Your motivation and will to study is unbelievable haha
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by Youngmetro)
    Your motivation and will to study is unbelievable haha
    Haha Is it really ? Yesterday, i procrastinated so today i feel like i need to do a lot
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by georgief94)
    Hi everyone, I''m a graduate in Neuroscience and have just been offered a place for medicine for September.If anyone is panicking (like I did) with GCSEs, A-levels or UCAS etc and is looking for a tutor, I am registered with TutorTap, a website that allows students to find tutors for almost any subject at a range of prices.I tend to stick to human biology related topics for AS/A2 just because that is what I am best at but am happy to do general science for GCSE and below. I can also help with personal statements, UCAS and everything university related (I've spent a fair amount of time using UCAS now after applying for 2 degrees!)If this sounds like something you are interested in here is a link to my profile, but you can use the website to search for other tutors if I don't seem like a good fit https://tutortap.co.uk/profile_georgie_6087.htm
    I'll check it out x
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by GCSEstudentt)
    I've basically been making notes on Sciences throughout the year, I finished doing this in February. Last week I wrote up the specifications in mindmap form, splitting each unit into A and B e.g. C2a,C2b,P2a,P2b etc. So now I have notes on the textbooks and the specifications which I find really useful. So from now on i'm just doing past papers and they're going really well so far
    Great , Same i'm also doing past papers how is it going ?
    What are you predicted ? What subjects do you do ?

ReputationRep:
    That's very true For science i usually revise by textbooks e.g AQA ones and i watch videos on youtube to consolidate everything. After that i would do a past paper but i would only do a past paper after revising everything

I also take notes but sometimes i prefer looking at the text book and learning things from there because it's much neater I usually get my sister to test me but that's very unlikely so i would test myself and say it over and over again or write it out over and over again. I feel like i learn more and better if i repeat things and say stuff out numerous times

I usually focus more on Biology and Chemistry because that's what i'm planning to take for A-levels However, i do a bit from eveything
    Yup... Textbooks are the best. Videos are useful too..I sometimes look at them! Past papers are good and helpful.

I revise by reading multiple times everything from textbooks/revision guides/notes.

Yeah I'm taking Bio and Chem too at A-Level but I focus on everything!
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Yup... Textbooks are the best. Videos are useful too..I sometimes look at them! Past papers are good and helpful.

I revise by reading multiple times everything from textbooks/revision guides/notes.

Yeah I'm taking Bio and Chem too at A-Level but I focus on everything!
    Haha .... Same What are you taking for a-levels? For a-levels i'm taking Biology,Chemistry,Maths and Economics

I usually focus on everything but I focus on the topics which I'm weak at Haha

ReputationRep:
    Haha .... Same What are you taking for a-levels? For a-levels i'm taking Biology,Chemistry,Maths and Economics

I usually focus on everything but I focus on the topics which I'm weak at Haha
    Lol..

The subjects I'm taking are Maths, Biology and Chemistry too! If I do a 4th one (if I'm allowed for starters by the school), then it'll probably be R.S. But I have a few options for my 4th choice..which would be between R.S./Drama/Psychology.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Lol..

The subjects I'm taking are Maths, Biology and Chemistry too! If I do a 4th one (if I'm allowed for starters by the school), then it'll probably be R.S. But I have a few options for my 4th choice..which would be between R.S./Drama/Psychology.
    So your planning to do Medicine... Me too I do Psychology for GCSE and very interesting Do you attend a grammar school ? Btw I don't but for sixth form i am Hopefully ... :bumps::fan: Do you just love these EMOJIS ? Haha
    What revision are you doing today ?

ReputationRep:
    So your planning to do Medicine... Me too I do Psychology for GCSE and very interesting Do you attend a grammar school ? Btw I don't but for sixth form i am Hopefully ... :bumps::fan: Do you just love these EMOJIS ? Haha
    What revision are you doing today ?
    Kind of. Planning to be a Dentist (branch of Medicine you can say)! If all else fails, then the last resort probably Medicine.

Psychology is really interesting...at my school though we only have limited non-core subjects to choose from and that are offered like the Humanities (Hist, Geog), Arts (Art, Drama, Music) and then the Technology (D&T, Food Tech, Graphics and Textiles), plus 4 languages (French, Spanish, German, Mandarin). So, I couldn't pick things like Psychology because from the non core, you can only pick 3 choices and 1 is compulsory as a language (I chose Mandarin), so 2 are left and I chose History+Drama. Pretty versatile.

Yup..I attend a Grammar School in the Upton Court region of Slough. Grammar schools are good.

Yeah lol the EMOJIS are cool.

I'm doing History today...so long!!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.