Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Update 19/04/16 :
    From today i want to focus for my mocks although some are this week and some are the next however i don't want to focus on them the whole time
    Not much done today because i was focusing for my Physics & Psychology mock tomorrow

1. Physics 1 :
    - Read over 28 pages of notes
    - looked through 5 past papers that has already been attempted

2. Psychology 1 :
    - Hobson & McCarley,
    -Case studies, Gregory & Gestalt
    - read over 10 flashcards
    -Topic B weaknesses
    - looked over 1 past paper ( mainly because i'm confident about the unit )

3. English language - essay marked
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Hey guys
    UPDATE 20/04/16:
    Today has been a really good day mainly because of the beautiful weather I've also done my Physics and Psychology mock today and it was good, hopefully i can get a really good grade. I seriously hate the fact that people actually bother cheating in exams, it frustrates me so much but there is no harm done to me. Tbh it's their own fault for cheating Good luck to them in the actual exam

1.Physics 1 - Waves Review
    2. Maths A* questions + more questions
    3.Chemistry 3 - Haber process
    4.English language essay completed
    5. Biology past paper finished
    6.Chemistry 1 - Video on metals
    7. Chemistry 1 past paper
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    1. UPDATE 21/04/16
      It's getting closer and closer to exams. It frightens me that we have such a short period of time I never used to feel really really stressed but now i'm feeling the stress Didn't get a lot done because of my mocks tomorrow for Chemistry and Maths.

1. Past paper questions on Psychology 1
      2. Chemistry past papers : Managed to do 3 past papers and i got A* on all of them - proud although there were some weaknesses that I went over.
      3. Chemistry Weaknesses : Fractional Distillation, Hydrogenation, Low carbon steels , Muller Urey
      4. Maths questions
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    UPDATE 22/04/16:
    Finally the weekends have arrived for more intense revision Gah exams are so close now GAH

1. Fractional Distillation - Review
    2. Maths past paper questions
    3.French Reading past paper - A*
    4. French Listening past paper marked - A ( Need to learn vocab)
    5. Learnt first second paragraph of French C.A
    6. Biology questions on Hormones & Drugs
    7.Biology made questions on 1st topic

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nisha.sri)
    Revision Thread :eek::cool: PATHWAY TO THE A*

So, here it goes... whoop whoop whoop
    Loads of people were doing a thread like this so i thought why can't i try it out myself so here it is

Maths Edexcel- A*
    Statistics-A*
    Biology-A*
    Chemistry-A*
    Physics-A*
    English Literature-A
    English Language-A*
    Psychology-A*
    Geography-A
    French-A*

I have already done two of my gcse's which are:
    Maths IGCSE - A*
    English Cambridge International Examinations- B ( but i am happy with that)

I really badly want to get the grades above therefore if anyone could be kind enough and help me out on revision. The sixth form i want to go to wants me to get high grades and i really want to go there!

Hope you guys understand and could you possibly help me out on how you revise? how much you revise? revision suggestions? and many more.
    I will try my best to help you guys out as well. Whoop Whoop Let's do it guys , let's all get the grades we want and reach for the stars

Thank you,
    Nisha
    Oooooooo, I'm doing exact same subjects as you apart from psychology! I have similar target grades to you too (apart from maths cuz I suck). For science, I use my-gcsescience.com. It reallyyyyyy helps. The CGP books for science also help. For maths, I use hegartymaths.com (or his youtube vids). Those are the only ones that I know of. Anyhooooo, good luck on everthing tho! I really wish you all the best!!
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by Perfection Ace)
    Oooooooo, I'm doing exact same subjects as you apart from psychology! I have similar target grades to you too (apart from maths cuz I suck). For science, I use my-gcsescience.com. It reallyyyyyy helps. The CGP books for science also help. For maths, I use hegartymaths.com (or his youtube vids). Those are the only ones that I know of. Anyhooooo, good luck on everthing tho! I really wish you all the best!!
    Hey there and oh wow Ooooo Haha. Oh yes i use Cgp books and mygcsescience i also use the AQA textbooks - they are good too. Good luck to you too and wish you all the best Thank you
    How are you feeling for you exams? When's your first one? 17 TH MAY I IMAGINE

ReputationRep:
    Hey there and oh wow Ooooo Haha. Oh yes i use Cgp books and mygcsescience i also use the AQA textbooks - they are good too. Good luck to you too and wish you all the best Thank you
    How are you feeling for you exams? When's your first one? 17 TH MAY I IMAGINE
    Thanksss =). I'm feeling nervous and excitedddd. Oh my dayssssss, my first exam is on May 3rd (the English language one), but I have biology and French on the 17th. I really need to do well in the sciences so I can get into my preferred sixth form. What subjects will you be doing in sixth form?
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Thanksss =). I'm feeling nervous and excitedddd. Oh my dayssssss, my first exam is on May 3rd (the English language one), but I have biology and French on the 17th. I really need to do well in the sciences so I can get into my preferred sixth form. What subjects will you be doing in sixth form?
    Same mines on the 17th may as well Biology and French!! How alike are we!!!
    Same here i have to do well for my sciences too so i can get to the sixth form i want which is a grammar school
    I will be doing Biology,Chemistry,Maths and Economics you?
    How are you revising for sciences? Are you ready for them? What are you predicted for them? and how do you think the test is going to be easy / hard?

ReputationRep:
    Same mines on the 17th may as well Biology and French!! How alike are we!!!
    Same here i have to do well for my sciences too so i can get to the sixth form i want which is a grammar school
    I will be doing Biology,Chemistry,Maths and Economics you?
    How are you revising for sciences? Are you ready for them? What are you predicted for them? and how do you think the test is going to be easy / hard?
    Daaaaaaaamn, you must be super smart =O!! Oh myyyy, Maths AND Economics? DAMN! I find maths sooooo difficult!! However, I'm doing Biology and Chemistry too! =D. But I'm doing Business and ICT too, so I have two options of careers; doctor/businessman!
    I haven't revised for science in sooooooo looooong! At school, I'm currently finishing off P3, (lenses and stuff).
    Well, for my predicted grades, they're not too good. All my life I've cheated in exams and the teachers are aware of that so they predicted me B/C grades mostly. But I want to prove them wrong, because in the past mock exams I didn't cheat and studied soooo hard and I got A* in all!!! =D. I think Biology and Chemistry will be easy but Physics might be hard!
    What predicted grades do you have? I bet you're the smartest in your school! . I wish I could revise as much as you do, but I keep getting distracted q.q. But, I guess you're my competition?
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Daaaaaaaamn, you must be super smart =O!! Oh myyyy, Maths AND Economics? DAMN! I find maths sooooo difficult!! However, I'm doing Biology and Chemistry too! =D. But I'm doing Business and ICT too, so I have two options of careers; doctor/businessman!
    I haven't revised for science in sooooooo looooong! At school, I'm currently finishing off P3, (lenses and stuff).
    Well, for my predicted grades, they're not too good. All my life I've cheated in exams and the teachers are aware of that so they predicted me B/C grades mostly. But I want to prove them wrong, because in the past mock exams I didn't cheat and studied soooo hard and I got A* in all!!! =D. I think Biology and Chemistry will be easy but Physics might be hard!
    What predicted grades do you have? I bet you're the smartest in your school! . I wish I could revise as much as you do, but I keep getting distracted q.q. But, I guess you're my competition?
    You really do make me laugh LOL Why do you think i'm 'super smart' because let me tell you a fact i'm not as smart as others. Also, i'm not the smartest in my school haha - i wish i was though I would feel great. There are loads of people in my school that are smarter than me - there is this girl whose like Einstein. I'm like ' why can't i be like that' ?! I love P3 (lenses and eyes) Gosh it's soooooo interesting don't you think ?
    Same here some of my predictions aren't as great but i've made my own predictions as well because teachers at school ' have no idea how hard people work in their spare times ' -.- E.g one of my friend is beyond capable of doing higher tier for English but they won't let her like WTF She gets A's and B's I really don't comprehend teachers nowadays
    Most of my predictions are A's and some A* but my sciences are A's but i can get an A* I know i can
    Wow well done , you should prove everyone wrong especially those cruel teachers.
    Haha if you say so Oooh i want to be a doctor too...
    I've already done my IGCSE maths exam last year and i got an A* - that's why i wanted to do Maths - but Economics ( don't even ask me , apparently it's something to do with Maths ) Hope it goes well. How much do you revise?
    Oh, i forgot to tell you i did the CIE english language in January and I got a B - which isn't the best result but i was happy because English is my weakest subject but hopefully i'll do well in May & June.
    GOSH !! This is so long

ReputationRep:
    My first exam is also on the 17th May Biology - Unit 1. Nearly finished my last notes for biology before I just move on to past papers.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by BobbiBlue)
    My first exam is also on the 17th May Biology - Unit 1. Nearly finished my last notes for biology before I just move on to past papers.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Same i've finished my notes although i'm doing Q&A's for Biology unit 1 using the specification and textbook We do past papers at school and i do some at home

ReputationRep:
    You really do make me laugh LOL Why do you think i'm 'super smart' because let me tell you a fact i'm not as smart as others. Also, i'm not the smartest in my school haha - i wish i was though I would feel great. There are loads of people in my school that are smarter than me - there is this girl whose like Einstein. I'm like ' why can't i be like that' ?! I love P3 (lenses and eyes) Gosh it's soooooo interesting don't you think ?
    Same here some of my predictions aren't as great but i've made my own predictions as well because teachers at school ' have no idea how hard people work in their spare times ' -.- E.g one of my friend is beyond capable of doing higher tier for English but they won't let her like WTF She gets A's and B's I really don't comprehend teachers nowadays
    Most of my predictions are A's and some A* but my sciences are A's but i can get an A* I know i can
    Wow well done , you should prove everyone wrong especially those cruel teachers.
    Haha if you say so Oooh i want to be a doctor too...
    I've already done my IGCSE maths exam last year and i got an A* - that's why i wanted to do Maths - but Economics ( don't even ask me , apparently it's something to do with Maths ) Hope it goes well. How much do you revise?
    Oh, i forgot to tell you i did the CIE english language in January and I got a B - which isn't the best result but i was happy because English is my weakest subject but hopefully i'll do well in May & June.
    GOSH !! This is so long
    LOL! I still reckon you're like top 2 in your school then XD! And yeah I agree, teachers need to appreciate students more. If they did, I would try and make them proud tbh.
    Congrats on getting the A* in maths!!! I have this Chinese friend and in all his mocks, he has never lost a mark!! You and him would make a great couple . I just find maths overwhelming. Too much to remember man....
    I think Economics will be fun, I heard it's mainly business type, but additional maths in it - it's also regarded highly in university than business, so yeah good luck on that .
    Well, when I come back from school, I watch some TV for an hour and go on fb for like an hour as well. Then when it hits around 5pm, I try to revise for like 2hrs straight, then have dinner, then revise until my bedtime which is usually 10:15pm. But most of the time, it's just watching videos online (at the moment I'm doing maths and it's soooooo hard *cri cri*). What about you, how much do you revise? I'm guessing 8+ hours seeing as you get them top A* grades !
    Good job on the B grade for English too! Was that the real exam though? :O I really need to get A* in English so I can rub it in my racist English teacher's face xD!
    Damn, these paragraphs are sooo loooong! I like them tho =D
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    LOL! I still reckon you're like top 2 in your school then XD! And yeah I agree, teachers need to appreciate students more. If they did, I would try and make them proud tbh.
    Congrats on getting the A* in maths!!! I have this Chinese friend and in all his mocks, he has never lost a mark!! You and him would make a great couple . I just find maths overwhelming. Too much to remember man....
    I think Economics will be fun, I heard it's mainly business type, but additional maths in it - it's also regarded highly in university than business, so yeah good luck on that .
    Well, when I come back from school, I watch some TV for an hour and go on fb for like an hour as well. Then when it hits around 5pm, I try to revise for like 2hrs straight, then have dinner, then revise until my bedtime which is usually 10:15pm. But most of the time, it's just watching videos online (at the moment I'm doing maths and it's soooooo hard *cri cri*). What about you, how much do you revise? I'm guessing 8+ hours seeing as you get them top A* grades !
    Good job on the B grade for English too! Was that the real exam though? :O I really need to get A* in English so I can rub it in my racist English teacher's face xD!
    Damn, these paragraphs are sooo loooong! I like them tho =D
    Haha i wouldn't say that Thank you. No thank you, i do not want to be with your so called Chinese friend - ( i was about to write fried LOL) and yes Chinese people are very good at Maths. Btw i do lose marks,i'm not the best at maths Really? I don't think you have to remember much for Maths except from Fx graphs just practice loads and loads of questions and then you'll be fine - trust me . Well after school i get distracted a lot so i don't get much done. I do about 3 hours/4 hours but usually 3 hours During weekends i plan to do a lot now because exams are so close and tbh weekends are when you can actually proper revise - like a pro - Haha your teacher is racist!?! Wtf ?! How? Are you british? before you ask me i'm indian
    Haha they sure are You like them? what do you mean ?!

ReputationRep:
    Haha i wouldn't say that Thank you. No thank you, i do not want to be with your so called Chinese friend - ( i was about to write fried LOL) and yes Chinese people are very good at Maths. Btw i do lose marks,i'm not the best at maths Really? I don't think you have to remember much for Maths except from Fx graphs just practice loads and loads of questions and then you'll be fine - trust me . Well after school i get distracted a lot so i don't get much done. I do about 3 hours/4 hours but usually 3 hours During weekends i plan to do a lot now because exams are so close and tbh weekends are when you can actually proper revise - like a pro - Haha your teacher is racist!?! Wtf ?! How? Are you british? before you ask me i'm indian
    Haha they sure are You like them? what do you mean ?!
    Chinese fried LOL xD! Nah trust me, maths and me just don't work! I used to be really good at maths in primary school but the step up to secondary was too much, especially with me messing around for literally 4 years up until year 11!
    What do you do when you revise? I can't be asked to get a pen and paper and write stuff down - to much effort! . Yeah, I agree, revising during the weekends are the best, but for me, I just get hooked when my favourite football team are playing (woop Chelsea fc woop)! And that pretty much wastes like 2 hrs of the day :/.
    Yeah, I guess my teacher is racist. He usually makes stereotypes and racist remarks (I'm Muslim and Bangladeshi). He's always making terrorist jokes and etc. To be honest, I'm pretty much the joker of the class and I make jokes on everyone, including him. He just doesn't know how to take it and starts cussing me and i'm like "k...then" He just doesn't like me in general yanoe.
    Yeah I like these paragraphs. I'm like 1 week new to TSR, and to me, it sucked. Mainly because, when people reply (takes forever), it's just plain and simplistic without no effort. But with you, whenever you reply, you actually say stuff which is funny and actually mean it? I can't explain but oh well - you're good at replying LOL
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Chinese fried LOL xD! Nah trust me, maths and me just don't work! I used to be really good at maths in primary school but the step up to secondary was too much, especially with me messing around for literally 4 years up until year 11!
    What do you do when you revise? I can't be asked to get a pen and paper and write stuff down - to much effort! . Yeah, I agree, revising during the weekends are the best, but for me, I just get hooked when my favourite football team are playing (woop Chelsea fc woop)! And that pretty much wastes like 2 hrs of the day :/.
    Yeah, I guess my teacher is racist. He usually makes stereotypes and racist remarks (I'm Muslim and Bangladeshi). He's always making terrorist jokes and etc. To be honest, I'm pretty much the joker of the class and I make jokes on everyone, including him. He just doesn't know how to take it and starts cussing me and i'm like "k...then" He just doesn't like me in general yanoe.
    Yeah I like these paragraphs. I'm like 1 week new to TSR, and to me, it sucked. Mainly because, when people reply (takes forever), it's just plain and simplistic without no effort. But with you, whenever you reply, you actually say stuff which is funny and actually mean it? I can't explain but oh well - you're good at replying LOL
    Haha I used to be sh*t at maths in primary trust me i was in set 3 and now set 1 - I'm like what happened When i revise i do past papers , go over things that i don't understand e.g weaknesses LOL football and their teams there's like millions GAH i can't even talk about it . Basically i don't like football especially playing football You'll probably turn blind if you watch me play. There's this Muslim and Turkish boy in my class and yup same thing as you but it's not the teachers but the students but it's funny although racist. Yay i'm good at replying LOL where is my medal or even better a trophy Haha
    Good luck with your exams though
    I literally can imagine how you talk LOL - like the Turkish boy in my class he's always like 'Nah bruh - Nah mate Damn ' etc... LOL

ReputationRep:
    Haha I used to be sh*t at maths in primary trust me i was in set 3 and now set 1 - I'm like what happened When i revise i do past papers , go over things that i don't understand e.g weaknesses LOL football and their teams there's like millions GAH i can't even talk about it . Basically i don't like football especially playing football You'll probably turn blind if you watch me play. There's this Muslim and Turkish boy in my class and yup same thing as you but it's not the teachers but the students but it's funny although racist. Yay i'm good at replying LOL where is my medal or even better a trophy Haha
    Good luck with your exams though
    I literally can imagine how you talk LOL - like the Turkish boy in my class he's always like 'Nah bruh - Nah mate Damn ' etc... LOL
    Loooooool, football is sooo fun! If I was to teach you, you'd prob fall in love with football :cool: .
    LOL, tbh, I find racist jokes funny as long as it doesn't offend them!
    I probably am similar to that Turkish boy. I guess I do use his type of vocabulary! Especially in the area I live, the slang has grown onto me I guess . Good luck on your exams too! I really hope that you smash your target grades and be where you want to be in life. Hopefully, all this replying to you hasn't cut down on your revision time and distracted you.....
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Loooooool, football is sooo fun! If I was to teach you, you'd prob fall in love with football :cool: .
    LOL, tbh, I find racist jokes funny as long as it doesn't offend them!
    I probably am similar to that Turkish boy. I guess I do use his type of vocabulary! Especially in the area I live, the slang has grown onto me I guess . Good luck on your exams too! I really hope that you smash your target grades and be where you want to be in life. Hopefully, all this replying to you hasn't cut down on your revision time and distracted you.....
    Lol haha If you say so Yep, where do you live? - Ok that sounds like i'm going to stalk you , but no i have better things to do rather than stalking people. I mean what region e.g I live in London More detail - then Kent Thank you very much and you too i hope you prove your cruel & racist teachers wrong. Haha he lived in Peckham - i guess that's why Deffo, no and it was great meeting you and one last thing what's your name? I have this thing where i have to ask people their names sorry - you don't have to tell me if you don't want to BTW mines Nisha

ReputationRep:
    Lol haha If you say so Yep, where do you live? - Ok that sounds like i'm going to stalk you , but no i have better things to do rather than stalking people. I mean what region e.g I live in London More detail - then Kent Thank you very much and you too i hope you prove your cruel & racist teachers wrong. Haha he lived in Peckham - i guess that's why Deffo, no and it was great meeting you and one last thing what's your name? I have this thing where i have to ask people their names sorry - you don't have to tell me if you don't want to BTW mines Nisha
    I live in Reading, Whitley . Whitley and Peckham are sooo chavvyyyyy! I just hope I don't turn into a chav LOL. Damn, London huh. I've always wanted to move there, must be so exciting and fun o.o. Nishaaaaaaaaa, you can call me Tal. I really look forward to results day too, especially that I'm betting on you getting nearly all A*, don't let me down hehe. =)
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    I live in Reading, Whitley . Whitley and Peckham are sooo chavvyyyyy! I just hope I don't turn into a chav LOL. Damn, London huh. I've always wanted to move there, must be so exciting and fun o.o. Nishaaaaaaaaa, you can call me Tal. I really look forward to results day too, especially that I'm betting on you getting nearly all A*, don't let me down hehe. =)
    I don't want to get all A* just some I'm not that clever 'Nishaaaaaaaaaaa' - nice btw it's nisha not nishaaaaaaaaaaaa - don't get too excited LOL. Really why do you want to move to London? Yes, people that are chavy GOSH they are so annoying especially the way they speak. Hello there Tallllllllllllllllllllllllllll - just like how you said my name ( and it says tall ) Me too and don't let me down as well with the A* in your sciences I will never let anyone down and i never have

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.