Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

I'm Going To A Hack-A-Thon! watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Or a Coding convention, whatever you call it. In a group of 4 we get 24 hours to build something big. It's gonna be an iOS and Android app most likely. Has anyone done this before? please share your experience
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster
    • Peer Support Volunteers

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Very Important Poster
    Peer Support Volunteers
    (Original post by JavaScriptMaster)
    Or a Coding convention, whatever you call it. In a group of 4 we get 24 hours to build something big. It's gonna be an iOS and Android app most likely. Has anyone done this before? please share your experience
    What languages do you have experience in?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shadowdweller)
    What languages do you have experience in?
    Descending Order:

Java
    Swift
    JavaScript
    C++
    C#
    HMTL
    CSS
    PHP
    SQL

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JavaScriptMaster)
    Yes, I've been to about 4. I've been to a UK wide one with about 60 teams and we got into the finals, I've also been to smaller ones with only 8 teams and didn't even make it to semi finals, if you wanna win anything, make sure whatever you make is fun and people at the hackaton can download and engage with it immediately. If it's an app, put it on the play store, or website, get a webhost for it so people can access it, the more they see what you've built there more likely they'll vote for you.

Also go to the hackaton with an idea in mind, some teams waste half of he time thinking about ideas. Lastly use version control! GitHub or something so it's easy to collaborate with the other team members, don't send code as attachments through Facebook Loool (trust me people do that).

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    That is so awesome! :woo:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by serah.exe)
    That is so awesome! :woo:
    I know right. And today I thought of what we should make whilst watching Kitchen Nigthmares

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.