Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I was hoping someone can give me some advice on how to get out of this again.

I used to have depression in the past and when I reached a certain stage about a year ago, I realised all the work and techniques I'd put into overcoming it had finally worked and I felt stable and normal and content with my life once again.

However during the start of this week I noticed warning signs of my mental state not being great again, and by the time it got to Thursday I had a full-blown mental breakdown and plummeted into one of the worst depressive states I've had for a while.

And now i'm stuck with where I am. I'm in such a bad state that I think that if I overcome this again, I'll probably just fall back into it again in a years time. I just do not know how on earth to actually '''motivate''' myself to try and become sane again, when it just seems like a battle I'm going to lose.

So ye tl;dr relapsed into depression, need advice on how I'm going to try and drag myself out of it again considering the first time was so hard.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I was hoping someone can give me some advice on how to get out of this again.I used to have depression in the past and when I reached a certain stage about a year ago, I realised all the work and techniques I'd put into overcoming it had finally worked and I felt stable and normal and content with my life once again.However during the start of this week I noticed warning signs of my mental state not being great again, and by the time it got to Thursday I had a full-blown mental breakdown and plummeted into one of the worst depressive states I've had for a while.And now i'm stuck with where I am. I'm in such a bad state that I think that if I overcome this again, I'll probably just fall back into it again in a years time. I just do not know how on earth to actually '''motivate''' myself to try and become sane again, when it just seems like a battle I'm going to lose.So ye tl;dr relapsed into depression, need advice on how I'm going to try and drag myself out of it again considering the first time was so hard.
    just do what makes you happy for a bit? then try and integrate yourself back into a normal routine?

ReputationRep:
    What exactly happened on Thursday? You still taking meds?

(Original post by thefatone)
    just do what makes you happy for a bit? then try and integrate yourself back into a normal routine?
    I can't as nothing seems to make me happy/give me pleasure lately. None of my interests interest me anymore.

I've adjusted myself back into a normalish routine but I still just feel terrible.

(Original post by Betelgeuse-)
    What exactly happened on Thursday? You still taking meds?
    Never taken meds for my depression, got over it with CBT and such.

ReputationRep:
    I see. I would speak with a doctor about medication.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 7, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.