Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Option for higher education - do i go to university? watch

ReputationRep:
    I am looking at universities and i would like to go into the science field, specifically aerospace or medical research or process.
    - Is university worth it? To get a masters id "lose" 6 years of my life, and the intensive workload during that period is another con.
    - What options would going to university give me? Id love to emigrate to the USA preferably or even Western Europe (i am British so places such as Germany).
    - Are there any schemes where i can get a scholarship or do my course with a company so i become embodied in their business while i study
    -

Would university for my preferred fields be worth it, especially since i lose so many years.
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Very Important Poster
    Another option could be an apprenticeship, depending on exactly what field you want to go into?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tiger Rag)
    Another option could be an apprenticeship, depending on exactly what field you want to go into?
    Id like to go into something quite advanced, something that had good travel opportunities, a good wage, stimulating etc, so i was thinking aerospace or chemical engineering, etc.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Macauley Ware)
    I am looking at universities and i would like to go into the science field, specifically aerospace or medical research or process.
    - Is university worth it? To get a masters id "lose" 6 years of my life, and the intensive workload during that period is another con.
    - What options would going to university give me? Id love to emigrate to the USA preferably or even Western Europe (i am British so places such as Germany).
    - Are there any schemes where i can get a scholarship or do my course with a company so i become embodied in their business while i study
    -

Would university for my preferred fields be worth it, especially since i lose so many years.
    There are a few higher level apprenticeships where you are apprenticed to a firm and work for them most of the time and they pay for you to go to university, however I don't know what sectors they are in. You also get science courses with a year in industry at some unis.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.