Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys,

I've set up a mental health network at LSE with one of my good friends. We call it the Neuron Project, and our aim is to help deflate the hypercompetitive nature of most uni campuses by being more open about mental health and mental health resources.

We've both had serious struggles with depression, panic attacks and self-harm, and the project was our way to help ourselves by helping others I am by no means fully recovered, but running the project has helped me tremendously in restoring self-esteem, confidence and creativity.

We've both put in loads of effort and set up an online library that reviews resources for various mental health issues - Depression, Anxiety disorders, Eating disorders, OCD, BPD and even topics covering general well-being. We only review resources that we have personally used or benefitted from, or those that our friends have used and would like to recommend.

You can visit our library at - lseneuronproject.wordpress.com
    I really hope it helps anyone out there in coping with their challenges!

What we really need now is like-minded folks who've had their own duels with mental health problems. It doesn't make sense to have only two people publishing stories, as broader perspectives and neurodiversity are SO important when it comes to mental health.

Would any of y'all be interested in sending us reviews, or stories about your experience with mental health? You can do so anonymously, send reviews, good stories, sad stories or even funny stories. You need not be actually diagnosed- mental health is something we all experience!!

Indeed, if you do go through our library, we would REALLY appreciate feedback as to how we could improve it!!

If you have something to share, do reply here and I'll get in touch. Likewise, feel free to pm me- I promise I'll respond ASAP!!

Cheers
    piezo

ReputationRep:
    Hey

Just wanted to say that this is really cool - well done! You have made a really good start on it. As someone with BPD I like the resources you have put up. I really like this website as well for helping explain BPD.

Good luck with your site

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 1, 1970
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.