Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Who do you think will win this years presidential race? Donald C. Trumpet or Hilary Clinton or Sanders?

ReputationRep:
    Probably Hillary Clinton.

Donald Trump is winning the Republican side, there's no doubt about that, the real debate is whose winning the Democratic side.

If Clinton wins, she will easily beat Donald Trump I reckon. Trump is really right wing and I really don't think some Republicans would want to vote for him if he did win the Republican nomination, swing states would lean towards Clinton and it'll be an easy win.
    If Sanders wins, it must be a lot harder to beat Trump because he is so left wing, so people who are politically in the middle may not know who to go to (could mean there's a third party being voted for which is much more central). I don't know who would win in this case, though I'd prefer Clinton.

This is just theoretical, there's been polls done and they say that Sanders should beat Trump more frequently than Clinton beating Trump, but I'm doubting them considering how poorly Sanders has done so far.

ReputationRep:
    Peter Florrick

ReputationRep:
    feel the bern

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Craig1998)
    Probably Hillary Clinton.

Donald Trump is winning the Republican side, there's no doubt about that, the real debate is whose winning the Democratic side.
    Clinton is winning her primary more emphatically than Trump at this point.

ReputationRep:
    If Trump and Sanders become the nominees, ex New York mayor Bloomberg has said he'll join the race; that might split the anti-Trump voters and potentially allow him (Trump) in.

Fortunately, it appears Clinton will win the demorcrat nomination, so she'll probably win the presidential election

ReputationRep:
    Colonel Sanders.

ReputationRep:
    Cruz or Rubio might still run away with the Republican nomination, either with a split convention and dirty backroom deals, or by a moderate surge at the primaries. That said I think Trump will manage to get enough delegates.

Clinton will win the democratic nomination.

Who will win the election? It's still pretty open at the minute. Clinton is not exactly a loved figure outside of liberals in the United States, and even then a lot of them are more drawn to Sanders. Trump has used a lot of division, and I think if he wins the nomination his campaign will change nature rapidly, into a more 'mainstream' one.

Interesting article on how Trump might be able to draw enough support from the young and minorities to edge it against Clinton. http://www.cracked.com/blog/5-realis...s-crazy-goals/
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Millstone)
    Who do you think will win this years presidential race? Donald C. Trumpet or Hilary Clinton or Sanders?
    Trump

• Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Swanbow)
    Cruz or Rubio might still run away with the Republican nomination, either with a split convention and dirty backroom deals, or by a moderate surge at the primaries. That said I think Trump will manage to get enough delegates.

Who will win the election? It's still pretty open at the minute. Clinton is not exactly a loved figure outside of liberals in the United States, and even then a lot of them are more drawn to Sanders. Trump has used a lot of division, and I think if he wins the nomination his campaign will change nature rapidly, into a more 'mainstream' one.

Interesting article on how Trump might be able to draw enough support from the young and minorities to edge it against Clinton. http://www.cracked.com/blog/5-realis...s-crazy-goals/
    *only the new version of liberalism
    Classical Liberals would definitely not vote for her.

ReputationRep:
    Doesn't matter.

ReputationRep:
    Clinton is the most likely, but I want Sanders to win.

Donald Trump has no chance against either of these two, I look forward to the first Trump - Clinton or Trump - Sanders presidential debate, where he is exposed for his lack of experience and knowledge.

ReputationRep:
    Trump will win he has set himself up so any terror attack or something like cologne happens it will instantly get him more votes.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by balanced)
    *only the new version of liberalism
    Classical Liberals would definitely not vote for her.
    Opps. Forgot to mention I meant the *******ised, American, form of 'liberalism'.

ReputationRep:
    I agree with what Obama just said. People are excited about Donald Trump at the moment because he's "out there", but as soon as the primaries are over, people are going to stop thinking about who they want to go for a beer with and instead who they want running their country.

Be realistic, the majority of Americans aren't going to vote for someone on the basis that he's okay with torturing infants and building the Great Wall of El Paso.

I think Clinton will be next president. Shame it's not Bernie Sanders to be honest. Although I'm certain that the next president won't be slang for Fart.

ReputationRep:
    This top lad
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    Cruz because he's an establishment lying crook like all of the establishment right-wing they sell out their heritage for shekels.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by SmashConcept)
    Clinton is winning her primary more emphatically than Trump at this point.
    Not when you take out the superdelegates

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Swanbow)

He's already starting to shift his campaign a bit towards fighting Clinton. I think the other thing a lot of people do is ignore the millions that Trump is actually getting to turn out for their first ever time so they can vote for him, or first time in decades, and that could swing things in his favour.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by XMaramena)
    I agree with what Obama just said. People are excited about Donald Trump at the moment because he's "out there", but as soon as the primaries are over, people are going to stop thinking about who they want to go for a beer with and instead who they want running their country.

Be realistic, the majority of Americans aren't going to vote for someone on the basis that he's okay with torturing infants and building the Great Wall of El Paso.

I think Clinton will be next president. Shame it's not Bernie Sanders to be honest. Although I'm certain that the next president won't be slang for Fart.
    You're assuming that his message will remain constant, it won't, he will drop the wall and banning Muslims, they're vote losers for the moderates, impossible to do, and his band wagon will lose few people from it, he is already toning back the torture too. If you listen to him speak on various occasions he knows exactly what to say and that message changes state to state, even contradicting earlier statements.

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.