The Student Room Group

UCAS Transfer application need help!

Hello guys,

I'm looking to transfer universities, i am a first year student, i have started my UCAS form, but i'm confused, as i dont understand, where do i put my current university i attend in? as in the "education" part of the UCAS form, when i put my current university in, it asks for "when did you finish" and im not sure what date to put, what date goes there? as the course finishes in 2018, but the option only goes to 2016.

Also, when i try add the current qualification i am doing the "qualification date"only goes to 2015, am i doing anything wrong?

Any help would be appreciated!

Many thanks
Reply 1
Original post by H1ace
Hello guys,

I'm looking to transfer universities, i am a first year student, i have started my UCAS form, but i'm confused, as i dont understand, where do i put my current university i attend in? as in the "education" part of the UCAS form, when i put my current university in, it asks for "when did you finish" and im not sure what date to put, what date goes there? as the course finishes in 2018, but the option only goes to 2016.

Also, when i try add the current qualification i am doing the "qualification date"only goes to 2015, am i doing anything wrong?

Any help would be appreciated!

Many thanks

You are filling in this application to leave this year. You're therefore not finishing in 2018! You write the date you will be leaving if the uni you are applying to with this application accepts you.

Your second problem is related to the first. You can only choose a qualification for a year if you have entered that you're in education that year. Once you have entered details of where you're studying in 2016 it will let you choose 2016 for a qualification.
Reply 2
Original post by Juno
You are filling in this application to leave this year. You're therefore not finishing in 2018! You write the date you will be leaving if the uni you are applying to with this application accepts you.

Your second problem is related to the first. You can only choose a qualification for a year if you have entered that you're in education that year. Once you have entered details of where you're studying in 2016 it will let you choose 2016 for a qualification.

Thanks for the reply, i changed the start date to October 2015, which is when i started the course and finish date to June 2016, which is when first term finishes, however i still get the same problem when i add qualification, as "qualification date" only goes up to 2015. Screen Shot 2016-03-06 at 17.33.11.png
Reply 3
Original post by H1ace
Thanks for the reply, i changed the start date to October 2015, which is when i started the course and finish date to June 2016, which is when first term finishes, however i still get the same problem when i add qualification, as "qualification date" only goes up to 2015. Screen Shot 2016-03-06 at 17.33.11.png

You're not getting a degree. You're dropping out before that stage.
Reply 4
Original post by Juno
You're not getting a degree. You're dropping out before that stage.

i see, i thought you are meant to include the current uni you go and what course you do as well as your predicted grade, this is the only confusing thing from this application lool, so do i not put any qualification under the uni i currently go?
Reply 5
Original post by H1ace
i see, i thought you are meant to include the current uni you go and what course you do as well as your predicted grade, this is the only confusing thing from this application lool, so do i not put any qualification under the uni i currently go?

You put the qualification you are getting if you leave the uni to transfer to the new uni. You will need to ask your uni for specifics, but generally you would get a Certificate of Higher Education.
Reply 6
Original post by Juno
You put the qualification you are getting if you leave the uni to transfer to the new uni. You will need to ask your uni for specifics, but generally you would get a Certificate of Higher Education.

I see thanks for that, i added a certificate of higher education under my current university, but when i click on qualification date, it only goes up to 2015 again :frown:.
Reply 7
Original post by Juno

Hey bro, thanks it worked now, i was adding the qualification under my sixth form thats why only 2015 came up, now i added the certificate of higher education under 2016, thanks for the help, appreciate it!
The grades for a 1st year of a degree rarely count towards the final mark so it is unlikely that your year will do anything other than allow you to continue onto the 2nd year.
I figure that there should be space for notes to confirm the course you have done this year however as the university that take you will need to know the modules you have done and your 1st year exam marks
Reply 9
Original post by Juno

Hey bro, thanks it worked now, i was adding the qualification under my sixth form thats why only 2015 came up, now i added the certificate of higher education under 2016, thanks for the help, appreciate it!
Reply 10
Original post by Colinj451
The grades for a 1st year of a degree rarely count towards the final mark so it is unlikely that your year will do anything other than allow you to continue onto the 2nd year.
I figure that there should be space for notes to confirm the course you have done this year however as the university that take you will need to know the modules you have done and your 1st year exam marks

I see, im applying for a totally different course this time, and will be going into first year, as the course i am currently doing is International relations, and the course i am applying for is accounting and business, will that make any difference?
Original post by H1ace
I see, im applying for a totally different course this time, and will be going into first year, as the course i am currently doing is International relations, and the course i am applying for is accounting and business, will that make any difference?

Have you verified with your current university that you will be awarded a CertHE for completing first year? While this is the usual early exit award some universities and courses will not award that.

If you won't get a CertHE then you can add modules as described in the link in my sig. Your qualification would be university credits not a CertHE in this case.
Reply 12
Original post by PQ
Have you verified with your current university that you will be awarded a CertHE for completing first year? While this is the usual early exit award some universities and courses will not award that.

If you won't get a CertHE then you can add modules as described in the link in my sig. Your qualification would be university credits not a CertHE in this case.

Thanks for the reply, I'll ring my university tomorrow and confirm whether they give CertHE, hopefully they do as that would save a lot of stress lol!, as on UCAS, when i add the certification of higher education on there, it doesn't ask for a predicated grade, how will the Uni's i am applying for know what grade i am in target to get within the first year, if it doesn't allow me to add like a predicted grade?
Original post by H1ace
Thanks for the reply, I'll ring my university tomorrow and confirm whether they give CertHE, hopefully they do as that would save a lot of stress lol!, as on UCAS, when i add the certification of higher education on there, it doesn't ask for a predicated grade, how will the Uni's i am applying for know what grade i am in target to get within the first year, if it doesn't allow me to add like a predicted grade?

Applicants don't add predicted grades. Your referee adds those.
Reply 14
Original post by PQ
Applicants don't add predicted grades. Your referee adds those.

I see, as i'm applying individually it asks for 1 reference but im doing a joint degree, so the reference i would be getting would only be for that one half, as im doing IR and History, and im getting a reference from one of my history tutors, so will she give predicted grades for IR as well? as the UCAS form only asks for 1 reference.
Reply 15
Original post by H1ace
I see, as i'm applying individually it asks for 1 reference but im doing a joint degree, so the reference i would be getting would only be for that one half, as im doing IR and History, and im getting a reference from one of my history tutors, so will she give predicted grades for IR as well? as the UCAS form only asks for 1 reference.

Yes. The referee should be collating the feedback and predictions from your other tutors.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 16
Original post by jneill
Yes. The referee should be collating the feedback and predictions from your other tutors.

Posted from TSR Mobile

i see many thanks, seems much easier to understand now!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending