The Student Room Group

Do you enjoy revising?

Do you genuinely enjoy pursuing your academic degrees and revising in general? The reason why I ask is I'm on my gap year as I didn't feel ready to go to uni this year. I've been thinking of doing a mechanical engineering degree but I'm pretty sure it involves a lot of hardcore revision and countless hours spent at desk. Revising for my a levels was probably the most painful experience in my life I literally get headaches and get pretty depressed when it's time to revise (I'm doing a couple of retakes this year). I'm almost certain I'm going to get the grades required if not for my 1st choice then most certainly I'll get in somewhere through clearing. I'm wondering whether people go to uni regardless of how they feel about it, man up and do their job as it will secure their future, and whether they feel so miserable there that they eventually drop out anyway - if you know people who had done it do tell. I'd rather take into account other people's mistakes before making a final decision.
I find the thought of revising horrible. I struggle so much to motivate myself and it gets me down. However, once I force myself, there are times when I enjoy it. I love my subject so revising isn't too bad. Having something to work towards definitely helps :smile:

Just realised this is in engineering, sorry :lol:

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Changing Skies
I find the thought of revising horrible. I struggle so much to motivate myself and it gets me down. However, once I force myself, there are times when I enjoy it. I love my subject so revising isn't too bad. Having something to work towards definitely helps :smile:

Just realised this is in engineering, sorry :lol:

Posted from TSR Mobile

No it's fine I didn't know what section to put it in so I went with engineering. I get what you mean well I suppose being academically successful comes down to being able to see the the greater picture and perhaps having a very high tolerance for pain so that it doesn't stop you from pursuing your aims and getting the gratification that comes with achieving them :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest