Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Do you genuinely enjoy pursuing your academic degrees and revising in general? The reason why I ask is I'm on my gap year as I didn't feel ready to go to uni this year. I've been thinking of doing a mechanical engineering degree but I'm pretty sure it involves a lot of hardcore revision and countless hours spent at desk. Revising for my a levels was probably the most painful experience in my life I literally get headaches and get pretty depressed when it's time to revise (I'm doing a couple of retakes this year). I'm almost certain I'm going to get the grades required if not for my 1st choice then most certainly I'll get in somewhere through clearing. I'm wondering whether people go to uni regardless of how they feel about it, man up and do their job as it will secure their future, and whether they feel so miserable there that they eventually drop out anyway - if you know people who had done it do tell. I'd rather take into account other people's mistakes before making a final decision.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    I find the thought of revising horrible. I struggle so much to motivate myself and it gets me down. However, once I force myself, there are times when I enjoy it. I love my subject so revising isn't too bad. Having something to work towards definitely helps

Just realised this is in engineering, sorry :lol:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Changing Skies)
    I find the thought of revising horrible. I struggle so much to motivate myself and it gets me down. However, once I force myself, there are times when I enjoy it. I love my subject so revising isn't too bad. Having something to work towards definitely helps

Just realised this is in engineering, sorry :lol:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    No it's fine I didn't know what section to put it in so I went with engineering. I get what you mean well I suppose being academically successful comes down to being able to see the the greater picture and perhaps having a very high tolerance for pain so that it doesn't stop you from pursuing your aims and getting the gratification that comes with achieving them

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 6, 2016

University open days

1. University of Bradford
    University-wide Postgraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  2. University of Buckingham
    Psychology Taster Tutorial Undergraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  3. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Campus Visit Undergraduate
    Wed, 1 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.