Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

crushing on a girl even though i have a boyfriend?? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Basically, i have been with my boyfriend for almost 3 months now, however i'm bisexual and i'm crushing on my friend who is also bisexual. I have been struggling to accept that i'm bisexual and crushing on my best friend even though i have a boyfriend is making me feel even shi**ier about it. I dont know what to do, but because of my feelings for my friend I've started getting annoyed for some reason at my boyfriend and it think its because i feel ashamed for being bisexual. Another thing that makes me feel ashamed for being bisexual is my Dad. He and my mum don't know that i'm bisexual, but my Dad is constantly shaming lesbians and gays. He'll say thinks like "they should go to prison like they used to" or that they are disgusting. One time i asked my dad out of curiosity "What would you do if i told you i was a homosexual?" and he said "well you better not bring anyone home"....

I really don't know what to do, about my crush on my friend and my relationship with my boyfriend. I don't know what to do about my dad's opinions because he always comes up with an argument against them and it annoys me so much. and how am i supposed to accept myself for being bisexual?

ReputationRep:
    If the BF is a pain in the back side, why do you need him? Does he feed you? does he pay your bills?

This maybe just a phase you're going through, but I'd suggest do what makes you happy.

ReputationRep:
    Leave your boyfriend.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EternalKiss)
    Basically, i have been with my boyfriend for almost 3 months now, however i'm bisexual and i'm crushing on my friend who is also bisexual. I have been struggling to accept that i'm bisexual and crushing on my best friend even though i have a boyfriend is making me feel even shi**ier about it. I dont know what to do, but because of my feelings for my friend I've started getting annoyed for some reason at my boyfriend and it think its because i feel ashamed for being bisexual. Another thing that makes me feel ashamed for being bisexual is my Dad. He and my mum don't know that i'm bisexual, but my Dad is constantly shaming lesbians and gays. He'll say thinks like "they should go to prison like they used to" or that they are disgusting. One time i asked my dad out of curiosity "What would you do if i told you i was a homosexual?" and he said "well you better not bring anyone home"....

I really don't know what to do, about my crush on my friend and my relationship with my boyfriend. I don't know what to do about my dad's opinions because he always comes up with an argument against them and it annoys me so much. and how am i supposed to accept myself for being bisexual?
    So youre a young bisexual female?

...sure.

ReputationRep:
    Well, first of all, you're doing nothing wrong by being bisexual. It's absolutely fine. Does your boyfriend know that you're bisexual? Concerning your boyfriend and your friend, I can't really give too much advice as I don't know the exact situation, but try to separate your annoyance with your boyfriend from your concerns about your sexuality so that you can see if you really want to stay with him or not!

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 7, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Are unpaid trial work shifts fair?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.