Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Companies that sponsor Tier 2 visas for international graduate students Watch

ReputationRep:
    Hi all,

My boyfriend is a recent graduate from a non-EU country with a 4-year Bachelor's degree in Computer Science. I current work as a management consultant in the UK, and he wants to join me here - working either as a management consultant as well, or a more technical job (he did a six-month data analytics internship at PayPal last year).
    We've both been doing quite a lot of research but are struggling to find companies in the UK that sponsor visas for international grad students with no work experience (he has done several internships but has lits only just graduated), unless you've studied in this country which he hasn't. Does anybody have any experience/know of companies that do that he could look into applying to?

Many thanks!!
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by moonlight10)
    Hi all,

My boyfriend is a recent graduate from a non-EU country with a 4-year Bachelor's degree in Computer Science. I current work as a management consultant in the UK, and he wants to join me here - working either as a management consultant as well, or a more technical job (he did a six-month data analytics internship at PayPal last year).
    We've both been doing quite a lot of research but are struggling to find companies in the UK that sponsor visas for international grad students with no work experience (he has done several internships but has lits only just graduated), unless you've studied in this country which he hasn't. Does anybody have any experience/know of companies that do that he could look into applying to?

Many thanks!!
    Generally large employers: big banks (Barclays, Goldman, J.P. Morgan etc, large tech companies (IBM, Microsoft, Google, etc)..

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources

Articles and guides:

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A-Z of careers Advice on choosing a careerCV writing helpCovering letter helpInterview tips

Featured recruiter profiles:

CGI logo

CGI is open for applications

"Offering a range of apprentice and sponsored degree positions."

Deutsche Bank logo

Deutsche Bank is recruiting

"Thrive in an international banking environment"

ICAEW logo

Merck

"Merck is a global leader in specialized pharma & chemicals – join us!"

Army logo

The Army is recruiting now

"With hundreds of roles available, there’s more than one way to be the best."

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Quick links:

Unanswered career sector and employment threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.