Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

How shall I go about approaching my teacher to ask for help? Watch

ReputationRep:
    I am going through a tough time at the moment and have been for a while. there is this teacher that is always asking if i am okay and he seems to care about me a lot. I don't know how to approach him though. How shall I do it?

ReputationRep:
    Don't be afraid teachers are teachers because they want to teach and help students! Go to him/her and explain your situations, then they will help you. If you don't ask then they will never know what you need help with or someone to talk to for example.

Good luck and hope everything goes well

ReputationRep:
    Put your hand up!

No but teachers are there to help you so use them!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SubZero~)
    Put your hand up!

No but teachers are there to help you so use them!
    Okay I'm just scared like terrified

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Saffron123456)
    Okay I'm just scared like terrified

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I'm sure he won't bite. He's obviously concerned about you and you should be honest. Open up if it helps you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by urbanlocations)
    Don't be afraid teachers are teachers because they want to teach and help students! Go to him/her and explain your situations, then they will help you. If you don't ask then they will never know what you need help with or someone to talk to for example.

Good luck and hope everything goes well
    I'm trying I'm just so scared

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I'm sure he won't bite. He's obviously concerned about you and you should be honest. Open up if it helps you.
    Yeah I know but the thing is should I go up to him at a break or lunch or what I'm terrified of what he might think

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I know but the thing is should I go up to him at a break or lunch or what I'm terrified of what he might think

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Break or lunch is fine. Don't stress.

ReputationRep:
    Break or lunch is fine. Don't stress.
    I am I think I'm having a panic attack

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I am I think I'm having a panic attack

Posted from TSR Mobile
    If you have no one else to go to i think you should try. Don't worry, you'll be fine

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ahsenrauf)
    If you have no one else to go to i think you should try. Don't worry, you'll be fine
    Really you think he will be okay about it?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Really you think he will be okay about it?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    It will be. If you trust this teacher enough to go to consider talking to him about this issue then i'm sure he's a kind and caring individual. It will workout fine. Don't worry

ReputationRep:
    Put your hand up! They get payed to help you, not just walk around the class and give you detentions. Also, if you ever feel embarrassed ,shy or silly to ask a question or do something then just remember that them thiking you are weird won't get you anywhere annd they'll probably forget about it when you leave school, but them helping you could make a diiference. They also like helping their students so dont be shy

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ahsenrauf)
    It will be. If you trust this teacher enough to go to consider talking to him about this issue then i'm sure he's a kind and caring individual. It will workout fine. Don't worry
    Now my friend has said to talk to my friends not this teacher. But he is more likely to understand 😭

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources
    Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.