Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    So this year I'm resitting C1 and C2 to get as high a mark as possible. I scraped an A and got a B, respectively. I've been doing past papers for C3 but it's ridiculous honestly, sometimes I'll get almost full marks or 70+ and other times I'll just about get an A. I'm panicking now because I've tried to make a revision timetable but I never know how much time to dedicate to each one. Doing past C1 papers, I consistently get As and C2 papers I get Bs, but this is due to not revising it and as such, forgetting formulas etc. I've done a couple of D1 papers and averaged an A in that as well. As for core 4, we're about 3/4 through and I'm finding it ok. The thing is, I really need this A but I can never tell how much revision to do each day. Nor when to revise what subject. My other alevels are btecs so it's entirely focused on maths but I'n worried that I'm going to mess up because of not knowing how to balance revision.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ThatExamWas)
    So this year I'm resitting C1 and C2 to get as high a mark as possible. I scraped an A and got a B, respectively. I've been doing past papers for C3 but it's ridiculous honestly, sometimes I'll get almost full marks or 70+ and other times I'll just about get an A. I'm panicking now because I've tried to make a revision timetable but I never know how much time to dedicate to each one. Doing past C1 papers, I consistently get As and C2 papers I get Bs, but this is due to not revising it and as such, forgetting formulas etc. I've done a couple of D1 papers and averaged an A in that as well. As for core 4, we're about 3/4 through and I'm finding it ok. The thing is, I really need this A but I can never tell how much revision to do each day. Nor when to revise what subject. My other alevels are btecs so it's entirely focused on maths but I'n worried that I'm going to mess up because of not knowing how to balance revision.
    Relax, you have 3+ months till the A2 exams. If you are getting As in papers, thats very good for this stage. Keep working and try a couple of extension material such as the IYGB papers on madasmaths.com and Solomon papers. Don't exhaust the past papers as you will definitely need them later on. The book's review exercises are good practice too. I would focus on C3 and C4 because C1 and C2 will come naturally with them, and once it's April, I'd do all the C1/2 past papers, including the IAL ones.

ReputationRep:
    I'd say do as the above poster said. I did C3 and C4 last year, and i'm resitting C1 and C2 as a year 14. The C1/C2 stuff is ridiculously easy compared to C3/C4. I got a C and a D in C3/C4 but i'm consistently achieving full marks this year, and i'm expected to get an A overall.

I'd seriously reccomend focusing more on C3/C4 in the long run as it's newer and more difficult to grasp, but don't forget about C1/C2. A lot of the topics overlap (if you're doing edexcel), so that should make it a bit easier.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Useful resources

Make your revision easier

Maths

Maths Forum posting guidelines

Not sure where to post? Read the updated guidelines here

Equations

How to use LaTex

Writing equations the easy way

Student revising

Study habits of A* students

Top tips from students who have already aced their exams

Study Planner

Create your own Study Planner

Never miss a deadline again

Polling station sign

Thinking about a maths degree?

Chat with other maths applicants

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.