Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I had sex with my gf on saturday night. She was on top and I didn't ***. We used durex extrasafe. Now I was filling the condom with water to see if there were any leaks, I didn't see anything at first I think but the I unrolled it fully, and eventually I saw that there was a tiny hole. I figured that it would have been roughly at the base of my penis or slightly beyond that.
    Is here any danger since no sperm came out (I dodn't *** that time)? Could I have caused a hole when I was checking the condom while squeezing the water in it?

I'm so paranoid.... Do I tell my gf as well? She due her period next weekend or slightly after.

ReputationRep:
    It sounds like risk factors here are very low as you didn't come and the place of the hole. Tell your girlfriend and get the morning after pill if it makes you feel better, it won't do her any harm as a precaution.

(Original post by SocialWorker)
    It sounds like risk factors here are very low as you didn't come and the place of the hole. Tell your girlfriend and get the morning after pill if it makes you feel better, it won't do her any harm as a precaution.
    I don't think the morning after pill is an option because it's hormonal, and will mess up her period....

ReputationRep:
    Yes it's hormonal but it shouldn't mess up her period, she can carry on taking her normal pill and wait for her period as normal. Or if she wants then she can stop her pill in the middle of the month and wait for her period. Pharmacist will give better advice. And it's better to be safe than sorry...

Yes it's hormonal but it shouldn't mess up her period, she can carry on taking her normal pill and wait for her period as normal. Or if she wants then she can stop her pill in the middle of the month and wait for her period. Pharmacist will give better advice. And it's better to be safe than sorry...
    She isn't on the pill by the way... But I'll talk to her in summer about getting the pill

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    She isn't on the pill by the way... But I'll talk to her in summer about getting the pill
    Sorry I'm getting confused between other threads. Still better to be safe than sorry!

Sorry I'm getting confused between other threads. Still better to be safe than sorry!
    Oh, okay! So as I understand your previous reply about it being unlikely stands?
    Yeah, definitely gonna think about doubling up (as in get her to take the pill).

ReputationRep:
    Oh, okay! So as I understand your previous reply about it being unlikely stands?
    Yeah, definitely gonna think about doubling up (as in get her to take the pill).
    Unlikely but not impossible, yes. Good idea to use pill+condom and on this occasion Morning after pill if it will put both your minds at rest...

ReputationRep:
    Why wait till summer?

If your mature enough for sex your mature enough to discuss contraception of all forms

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    I had sex with my gf on saturday night. She was on top and I didn't ***. We used durex extrasafe. Now I was filling the condom with water to see if there were any leaks, I didn't see anything at first I think but the I unrolled it fully, and eventually I saw that there was a tiny hole. I figured that it would have been roughly at the base of my penis or slightly beyond that.
    Is here any danger since no sperm came out (I dodn't *** that time)? Could I have caused a hole when I was checking the condom while squeezing the water in it?

I'm so paranoid.... Do I tell my gf as well? She due her period next weekend or slightly after.
    You not coming and the time of her period make it highly unlikely that she's pregnant, even before the location of the tiny hole during your checking.

But it sounds to me very much like condoms alone are not safe enough for you.

'You can't get pregnant unless you bathe in the same bath water..." - Vicky from lb

ReputationRep:
    Bro, as long as you did not ***, it's all good.
    Pre-*** does not contain sperm, you can look it up. You can buy the morning after pill if it makes you worry less.
    Good luck.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team

Sounds like you're safe. I'd think it's more possible you caused the hole after and anyway it's rather unlikely anything would happen without any "input" from you.

If you did want to be safe then the pill would be an option but personally i wouldnt think it's worth mentioning to your gf even. If she doesn't have her period then you can worry.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ybreezy)
    Bro, as long as you did not ***, it's all good.
    Pre-*** does not contain sperm, you can look it up. You can buy the morning after pill if it makes you worry less.
    Good luck.
    You are completely and utterly wrong. Please don't give advice on this. Pre *** CAN contain sperm, even a small amount, and that's all it takes to get pregnant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheOpinion)
    You are completely and utterly wrong. Please don't give advice on this. Pre *** CAN contain sperm, even a small amount, and that's all it takes to get pregnant
    It can't, unless he has came before having sex, then there is a possibility that it contains sperm, but urine kills it anyway. There is a chance, but just like there is a chance of getting HIV from oral sex, and as I'm aware, there are none reported.

'Early understandings on precum was that sperm were expected to be part of the fluid.Further investigation revealed that the majority of pre-ejaculate fluid had dead or no sperm at all.It is possible for small amounts of sperm to exit your reproductive system and make its way into the precum or pre-ejaculate.Can you get pregnant with precum? Well the expected answer and usual answer is no.There are rare cases where living sperm can be presented in the precum and conception subsequently possible.'

http://americanpregnancy.org/getting...-with-precum/\

Research has found no or low levels of sperm in pre-ejaculate, from wikipedia

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ybreezy)
    It can't, unless he has came before having sex, then there is a possibility that it contains sperm, but urine kills it anyway. There is a chance, but just like there is a chance of getting HIV from oral sex, and as I'm aware, there are none reported.

'Early understandings on precum was that sperm were expected to be part of the fluid.Further investigation revealed that the majority of pre-ejaculate fluid had dead or no sperm at all.It is possible for small amounts of sperm to exit your reproductive system and make its way into the precum or pre-ejaculate.Can you get pregnant with precum? Well the expected answer and usual answer is no.There are rare cases where living sperm can be presented in the precum and conception subsequently possible.'

http://americanpregnancy.org/getting...-with-precum/\

Research has found no or low levels of sperm in pre-ejaculate, from wikipedia
    But the risk is still there!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheOpinion)
    But the risk is still there!
    Yes, it is there, but the chances are very slim and I think that he should not really stress over this that much because it is highly highly unlikely. However, it would be wise to get pills just in case, then he'll be fine
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    While it is true that only one sperm fertilises the ovum, in practice you need vastly more than that around for it to happen. Any man whose normal ejaculation contained the highest number of sperm found in anyone's pre-*** would be described as - at best - 'extremely sub-fertile'.

Hey so I was wondering whether or not there is a possibility of pregnancy in my situation or whether I am just overthinkingI'm 18 years old, I've never had sex however I did engage in foreplay with my current boyfriend. He fingered me however I'm unsure as to whether he quickly adjusted himself before hand (we were both clothed). Therefore, I am worried as to whether he had Precum on his fingers before they went inside me (bearing in mind they may have been wiped due to the transfer having to go under my pants and down). If this is not enough, I did proceed to touch him and my hand was definitely wet but I was on his left side and so used my left hand. We then moved into another room which would obviously mean drying of the Precum as a possibility and once in there I did touch myself, however I think it was with my right hand as that is my natural hand but I cannot remember. He did not ejaculate at any point during this time however I think I was ovulating. It's been two weeks and my period is due tomorrow and idk I'm just worried that it won't arrive which would quite honestly be disastrous which I suppose is why I'm overthinking this. My periods are usually regular however my last one was three days early so I don't know whether that could mean that this one is a few days late in order to balance it? I'm not sure of these things. Usually I have a cycle of 28 days give or take a day or so on average.Any advice/ judgement of pregnancy chances would be very helpful to settle my mind if nothing else, thank you.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 20, 2016
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.