Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hello Everyone, I have been allocated to south Thames for my f1/f2 years.I know nothing about the area and am finding the colour groups really confusing.
    Can someone please explain what areas are in the east and what are in the west of this region ?

Thanks a lot.

ReputationRep:
    I can't answer your question but will say that Kingston Hospital is lots of fun as an FY1.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by toasted_teacakes)
    Hello Everyone, I have been allocated to south Thames for my f1/f2 years.I know nothing about the area and am finding the colour groups really confusing.
    Can someone please explain what areas are in the east and what are in the west of this region ?

Thanks a lot.
    Google maps?

Of the London ones, East-ish = King's, Guy's, St Thomas', Lewisham, QE Woolwich, Darent Valley, PRUH Bromley; West-ish = St George's, Kingston, Croydon, Epsom/St Helier, Ashford/St Peters. Possibly a couple of others that I've forgotten. The KSS ones are more spread out, so just look on a map.

The colour system seems to be getting even more confusing each year!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MonteCristo)
    I can't answer your question but will say that Kingston Hospital is lots of fun as an FY1.
    Hi MonteCristo,

I'm actually looking to try and get into Kingston Hospital as F1 for 2018/19 as it's my local hospital.

Was wondering how your experience was?

Cheers!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PDoc)
    I'm actually looking to try and get into Kingston Hospital as F1 for 2018/19 as it's my local hospital. Was wondering how your experience was?
    I certainly enjoyed Kingston FY1, although things might have changed since 2010. It is big enough to have a range of specialties and enough senior support but still has the friendliness of a DGH. There is/was a good sized mess that was in the main hospital building and where most of the 15-20 FY1s would go to eat lunch. This meant that the juniors tended to know each other, even if they were working in other jobs.

There is a nice pub opposite, a very good sandwich shop around the corner, and good sushi at a reasonable price down the road.

What more could you ask for? ;-)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MonteCristo)
    I certainly enjoyed Kingston FY1, although things might have changed since 2010. It is big enough to have a range of specialties and enough senior support but still has the friendliness of a DGH. There is/was a good sized mess that was in the main hospital building and where most of the 15-20 FY1s would go to eat lunch. This meant that the juniors tended to know each other, even if they were working in other jobs.

There is a nice pub opposite, a very good sandwich shop around the corner, and good sushi at a reasonable price down the road.

What more could you ask for? ;-)
    Thanks for the quick reply MonteCristo, that all sounds great.

Whereabouts did you do your FY2 if you don't mind me asking? And did you enjoy that as well?

Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    Is it possible to end up in South Thames and spend both years outside London?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Someone123123)
    Is it possible to end up in South Thames and spend both years outside London?
    Have a friend who did his FY1 in St Peter's, Chertsey, and his FY2 in Royal Surrey, Guildford. So yes

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tania<3)
    Have a friend who did his FY1 in St Peter's, Chertsey, and his FY2 in Royal Surrey, Guildford. So yes
    Thanks, do you know what decile he was in (once accepted and compared to the other STFS acceptees)?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PDoc)
    Whereabouts did you do your FY2 if you don't mind me asking? And did you enjoy that as well?
    I did the academic vascular FY2 job (which I suspect no longer exists) and A&E at St George's. The SGH Emergency Department was excellent - good case mix, fairly staffed, and enthusiastic/supportive consultants.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Someone123123)
    Thanks, do you know what decile he was in (once accepted and compared to the other STFS acceptees)?
    No idea sorry!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.