3.85%
    Yes, leave for a week.
    7.69%
    No
    57.69%

• Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    toronto353 has implied I have mental health issues, I need to take a step back to calm down, and I should not be taking part because I take this game seriously. I have put TSR before real life but the success of the politics on TSR is important like the success of real life. I do not like this bullying, harassment, and victimisation against me from the Deputy Speaker, and other members who have said similar things; I may leave.
    • Community Assistant
    • Wiki Support Team
    • Political Ambassador
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Wiki Support Team
    Political Ambassador
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by Nigel Farage MEP)
    toronto353 has implied I have mental health issues, I need to take a step back to calm down, and I should not be taking part because I take this game seriously. I have put TSR before real life but the success of the politics on TSR is important like the success of real life. I do not like this bullying, harassment, and victimisation against me from the Deputy Speaker, and other members who have said similar things; I may leave.
    I have already explicitly stated that I do not think that you have mental health issues and have apologised for any implication of this. I have merely raised concerns with how seriously you take this game and how you react to situations at times which meant that I have concerns. I, and I am sure many others if not everyone else, does not want you to leave.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by toronto353)
    I have already explicitly stated that I do not think that you have mental health issues and have apologised for any implication of this. I have merely raised concerns with how seriously you take this game and how you react to situations at times which meant that I have concerns. I, and I am sure many others if not everyone else, does not want you to leave.
    But I am being bullied by members constantly questioning my commitment that I feel members are trying to push me out of taking part. I never act disproportionately to the events that happen, it is not that I take events seriously, but other members do not have a serious response to events that warrant a serious response.

ReputationRep:
    Are you the real deal or a copycat? If the former then what are you doing in an online community full of immature youngsters? If the latter then stay
    • TSR Support Team
    • Peer Support Volunteers

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Peer Support Volunteers
    But I am being bullied by members constantly questioning my commitment that I feel members are trying to push me out of taking part. I never act disproportionately to the events that happen, it is not that I take events seriously, but other members do not have a serious response to events that warrant a serious response.
    If you feel like that you should definitely speak to CT and see what can be done. I don't know if making a thread like this is a good idea though
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    I don't want you to leave . And I like how you take it " seriously " and you stick to your word and from my understanding you run UKIP very well . In my personal opinion we need someone like you in the house to make sure its being ran property considering you know how it works and the GD Very well
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    I normally disagree with you on issues but with this particular one, I have decided to vote 'no'. This is simply because I do not believe you have broken any rules (unlike some other members who I will not mention) so you should stay. You are one of the most active members so Toronto's questioning of your commitment is slightly confusing. Besides, if you left, I wouldn't have any Nationalist members to criticise.
    • Very Important Poster
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Study Helper
    Welcome Squad
    Mate, this was getting real awkward, so thank god you brought this up...

Nah, haha, just kidding xD No, don't want you to leave!
    • Very Important Poster
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Study Helper
    Welcome Squad
    Who's voted Yes!? Going to name yourself!?

ReputationRep:
    Nigel Farage MEP don't leave. I may not like you personally, but you are a valuable member of the House. Yes, you spend an excessive amount of time here and yes, you are an extreme stickler for the rules, and no, I wouldn't personally go to the lengths you do for this House, but at the end of the day that's your personal prerogative. If you genuinely did have issues related to this place, then it's not the place of anyone here to talk to you about it - that's for your friends and family irl, who presumably know about your involvement with the MHoC.

toronto353 I'm sure your intentions were good but imo you've gone a little OTT. As stated above, firstly, it's not your role to raise concerns about Nigel's mental health and secondly, Nigel expressed to you clearly that he was uncomfortable with the comments you were making, and that's the point where you should have stopped. You have now made a senior member consider leaving, albeit unintentionally, and that is unacceptable. The MHoC is developing rather a nasty atmosphere recently, and you as an elected House official should be taking particular care to make sure your comments don't contribute to that.

Perhaps everyone can draw a line under this and agree not to discuss other members' mental health unless it is either blindingly obvious that they are ill (and it isn't in this case) or they initiate the discussion themselves.

ReputationRep:
    Obviously not.

ReputationRep:
    Is this a comedic reenactment or a real user statement? What's happening here?

Tell you what, I'll leave :getmecoat:
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    I think some of us should take a week or two of public silence, particularly those of us attacked for or accused of spending too long or doing MHoC instead of social life or whatever, I wonder how long it will take for people to get bored

ReputationRep:
    Your commitment should be commended. When I think of TSR users who have no life, it's definitely not you… I also suggest you talk to the CT if you feel like being bullied. I'm not aware of this instance involving toronto, but I've noticed several such remarks which were indeed a bit rude – certainly by TSR standards.

In fact, I'm going to try to summon them for you: Queen Cersei Pickles
    • Peer Support Volunteers

ReputationRep:
    Peer Support Volunteers
    Speechless.
    • Wiki Support Team
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    Political Ambassador
    I don't see why this poll is necessary. Toronto's comments have been blown way out of proportion.

To answer the question, No, I do not want you to leave.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by PetrosAC)
    I don't see why this poll is necessary. Toronto's comments have been blown way out of proportion.

To answer the question, No, I do not want you to leave.
    Last I saw half a dozen disagreed, although a short list for the half dozen probably won't be hard to draw up

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Wiki Support Team
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Jammy Duel)
    Last I saw half a dozen disagreed, although a short list for the half dozen probably won't be hard to draw up

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I'm frankly not going to debate this as I honestly don't think it is worth debating. Nigel wouldn't leave regardless of people's opinion of him, nor should he leave if he enjoys it. This poll is unnecessary as it will have no baring on whether Nigel leaves or not (which he won't) and it is also unnecessary as toronto's comments, which were clearly good-intentioned, have been blown way out of proportion. 6 people disagreeing with that isn't enough for me to suddenly change my mind.
    • Wiki Support Team
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    Political Ambassador
    I request the Speaker RayApparently closes this poll as it clashes with Section 11 of the Guidance Document
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by PetrosAC)
    I request the Speaker RayApparently closes this poll as it clashes with Section 11 of the Guidance Document
    I'm happy to oblige Mr DPM.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.