Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

What do you think of my idea to support a friend who passed away? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Earlier this year, a close friend of mine passed away due to a debilitating form of brain cancer.He mentored me for GCSE french for 2.5 years and was just about to start life at the University of Birmingham when he passed away on 25th September.
    Now a little bit about myself. I attend Queen Mary's Grammar School and i am in Year 12.I am an avid tech enthusiast, have six years’ worth of technical knowledge under my belt and even built my first gaming computer a few years ago..
    I wanted to do something involving my passion in computers and technology. I have come up with the innovative idea of combining charity, cancer research and PC building all in to one package I have come up with the idea of building two computer systems. The first system will be used in a raffle giveaway. The money will be raised by selling raffle tickets at my school. All the money raised will be donated to cancer charities. I will be able to raise hundreds or even thousands of pounds though the raffle. The second computer system will be directly involved in cancer research by completing folding tasks. Folding is a method of using distributed computing for disease and cancer research.

Here is a link to Stanford University's folding program:
    https://folding.stanford.edu/

I want to know what you all think of this idea

ReputationRep:
    I am currently in the process of gathering Sponsors.
    I currently have Nvidia, WatercoolingUK and Thermaltake on as sponsors.
    I am awaiting final confirmation from MSI, Asus, Gigabyte and Dell

If you are interested, here are the specs of my current rig:
    CPU: 6 core i7 5820K overclocked to 4.2Ghz
    Motherboard: Asus Rampage V Extreme
    RAM: 8GB Crucial DDR4 2133Mhz
    GPU: Nvidia GTX 980 reference card
    Cooling: Noctua NH-D14 dual vapour chamber heatsink
    Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro
    Storage: 128GB Samsung 840 EVO SSD + 2TB Seagate Barracuda Hard Drive
    Power Supply: Corsair RM1000
    Operating System: Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.