Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hello,

I have booked my driving test on a Friday at 13:30. Is this a good time?

I have been reading multiple threads about different times. Some people are saying avoid rush hour as you are more likely to encounter busier roads and people in a rush, causing you to make errors and wrong decisions.
    Others are saying rush hour is a good idea due to the main roads being busier, allowing your test to go onto quieter roads?
    I can't decide wether I have made a good decision!
    Could anyone please enlighten me and say which time is best?

I am worries I have made a wrong decision and would like opinions with others from experience

Thank you

ReputationRep:
    In my official voice:
    You shouldn't take your driving test at all if you don't feel confident at certain times of the day. It shouldn't matter, the principles are the same.

Off the record:
    That being said, (and I can't explain why), there are always ****ing nutjobs on Friday afternoons. Might I suggest Tuesday morning, 10-12, when people are slow and depressed, when they realise that they have to endure yet another week under the Tories and there's still 4 more days to go :P

ReputationRep:
    I did both my tests in the morning at 10.14 which I thought was a nice time as I had missed the morning commute and the roads were fairly quiet but not too quiet.
    I would change it to a morning one if you have the option but if not then stick with it. The roads will be slightly busier but it'll be before the school run too so it won't be the worst time
    Just do lots of lessons on the same day and time so you know what to expect!

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.