Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Hi.

So I never thought I'd end up talking about this ever to anyone. Or even have such problems, for that matter.

So, I'm 16, and about to take my IGCSEs. My life is pretty much great - I have a few friends (I'm not popular in any sense, but I get along with pretty much everyone in my grade), I have caring family, and I am fortunate enough to be going to a private international school.

I thought this whole thing had to do with hormones and puberty, but it's getting out of hand and I'm pretty sure not many feel this way.

Anyway, let's get to the point. I have good grades. I've been predicted 8*s and 2As. English isn't my native language yet I've managed to adapt to the English education system, and so far I've been enjoying it. Until a few weeks ago.
    I stopped doing my assignments, and I stopped studying. My averages dropped from mid 80s and 90s to 60s and 70s. My friends distanced themselves from me; or maybe it was me who decided to be alone.

My teachers told me they're disappointed, and I honestly feel the same way. The problem is that when I try to study, nothing goes in. I have my French oral IGCSE in less than two weeks, and I haven't even prepared my speech yet. And I try to and I am forcing myself to, yet it is impossible for me.

I don't feel sad, but I don't feel happy either. I feel like crying but the tears won't come out. They haven't for the past 5 years. And I don't know how and why.

It's impossible for me to show empathy, even though I'm trying so hard. I don't know why, and I don't know how.

How can I get my life back together? How did I even end up here? Right now instead of sleeping or doing anything productive, I'm just staring at the white wall. That's it...

I'm sorry if this all sounds like a mess... I guess I am a mess..

ReputationRep:
    Maybe you should consider talking to a doctor about this. It sounds as though you may possibly be going through a period of depression or something along those lines. Dont distance yourself from your friends, you need people! You're not a mess, we all go through periods like this, and yes it sucks. Just dont be afraid to seek help, whether that be professional or just talking things through with someone close to you. Try and stay positive and know that it will be okay

ReputationRep:
    Stress possibly.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 1, 1970
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.