Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Ask a Social Worker... watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I'm a qualified Social Worker currently working in a generic adults team in the Midlands. I completed my MA Social Work in 2014 and have worked in a number of statutory teams with my local authority since then. I have also completed the ASYE (Assessed and Supported Year in Employment) and am now a Level 2, working towards Level 3.

Any questions you want to ask? I'll see what I can do to help

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SocialWorker;[url="tel:63235913")
    63235913[/url]]I'm a qualified Social Worker currently working in a generic adults team in the Midlands. I completed my MA Social Work in 2014 and have worked in a number of statutory teams with my local authority since then. I have also completed the ASYE (Assessed and
    Supported Year in Employment) and am now a Level 2, working towards Level 3.
    Hey just wondering if you'd be able to give some insight into the significance of your first and second year placements plus work experience before your degree when applying for social work jobs are uni.

I have a place on an MA social work course, but am curious as to how my placement choices will affect job prospects in the future

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SocialWorker)
    I'm a qualified Social Worker currently working in a generic adults team in the Midlands. I completed my MA Social Work in 2014 and have worked in a number of statutory teams with my local authority since then. I have also completed the ASYE (Assessed and Supported Year in Employment) and am now a Level 2, working towards Level 3.

Hi
    I am due to qualify as a social worker in July I have been fortunate to have 2 interviews and didn't get either, I seem to struggle on the law and legislation I prepared days before and felt confident and actually thought I had done well. Now my confidence is pretty low and not sure what I can do from here. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
    Thank you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mia221)
    Hey just wondering if you'd be able to give some insight into the significance of your first and second year placements plus work experience before your degree when applying for social work jobs are uni.

I have a place on an MA social work course, but am curious as to how my placement choices will affect job prospects in the future
    Hi
    I am due to qualify in July this year and have been fortunate to have had 3 statutory places however that does not matter in the real world. My fellow students have got jobs no problem even though some have only had voluntary placements. I volunteered in the summer which was invaluable for me not only did I benefit from this employers really like this on application forms.
    I wouldn't put too much emphasis on your placement it's what you do that counts not the placement, take as many opportunities that you can to gain more experience.
    Hope this helps 😃

ReputationRep:
    Could you plz plz clarify if and when it became statutory for a children and family support worker to be registered within West Lothian Council with the sss.c

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

Featured recruiter profiles:

HM Treasury logo

Policy adviser grad scheme

"Shape the UK’s future and your skills."

Quick link:

Unanswered public sector threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.