Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Honesty about being a virgin. Watch

ReputationRep:
    So recently me and my friends were talking about sex and such, and I played along like I wasn't a virgin (when I am one). I think I felt scared that if they found out I never had sex, they wouldn't respect me or something. Has anyone else had a similar experience?

ReputationRep:
    Lol. Yes. But honestly I couldn't care less. Most people have sex at some point in their lives. Nothing shameful about being a virgin!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by OllieRd1)
    So recently me and my friends were talking about sex and such, and I played along like I wasn't a virgin (when I am one). I think I felt scared that if they found out I never had sex, they wouldn't respect me or something. Has anyone else had a similar experience?
    How old are you?

I didn't tell the guy I lost it to that I was one (I didn't lie, just failed to mention because I was ashamed). He figured it out pretty quickly though :P

Your virginity is none of your friends' business. If you're uncomfortable then you don't have to say anything.

ReputationRep:
    Once you say the V word, you become a loser. Ugly truth.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WBZ144)
    How old are you?

I didn't tell the guy I lost it to that I was one (I didn't lie, just failed to mention because I was ashamed). He figured it out pretty quickly though :P

Your virginity is none of your friends' business. If you're uncomfortable then you don't have to say anything.

ReputationRep:
    Loool sorry but if that was me, many would have disrespected me for having sex #Asians.

Anyhow, I think its ridiculous how people judge each other on whether they have had sex or not.

ReputationRep:
    There isn't anything shameful about being a virgin!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheonlyMrsHolmes)
    There isn't anything shameful about being a virgin!
    Said the virgin LOL

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DinduCoffin)
    Said the virgin LOL
    Well there isn't! :huff:

ReputationRep:
    Probably when I was younger but I'm not bothered now, it's my business and if anyone is weird enough to obsess over somethings minor in my life I don't want to be around them tbh

At the end of the day it's entirely up to you what you tell them but if they're normal they'll have much more important things to worry about lol

ReputationRep:
    Well there isn't! :huff:
    You'll see what I mean when you get your freak on' like Kerry in Scandal with Fitz all up in hurr biz.

ReputationRep:
    I am, and I don't care :dontknow:

I don't mind that other people know, I'm just gonna wear the title while it still applies :lol:

ReputationRep:
    That's not bad at all, some people are in their 30s or even 40s and are still virgins :P

ReputationRep:
    Don't feel like that would happen, you are the same person just without any sex in your life yet. A few of my mates and I are the only ones in our yr who are still virgins and most of our yr have had sex. I really don't care tbh, we're quite open about it. What's even better is that we know each others priorities, if that makes sense. I even said it in class once, somebody asked me and I was like 'Yh man I'm virgin and proud' lol and we high five because we frankly don't give a ****!

ReputationRep:
    You'll see what I mean when you get your freak on' like Kerry in Scandal with Fitz all up in hurr biz.
    Fitz is actually an A-hole with his "I am screwing your daughter..." speech. :puke::yucky: to think I liked him...

And I'm okay thank you :blushing:

ReputationRep:
    Nothing wrong with being a virgin.

People who use virgin as an insult are people whose lives are so meaningless and insecure that losing their virginity is the biggest thing they're ever going to achieve.

ReputationRep:
    Fitz is actually an A-hole with his "I am screwing your daughter..." speech. :puke::yucky: to think I liked him...

And I'm okay thank you :blushing:
    My homie papa Pope always be keepin' it real with them 'power' speeches!

ReputationRep:
    My homie papa Pope always be keepin' it real with them 'power' speeches!
    Tbf I haven't got that far, I had to stop because it was too distracting...but I only saw that clip. Gross

He was also an A-hole when he told his wife she was "ornamental". Ugghhhhh

ReputationRep:
    Tbf I haven't got that far, I had to stop because it was too distracting...but I only saw that clip. Gross

He was also an A-hole when he told his wife she was "ornamental". Ugghhhhh
    Jake is a hoe too.

Olivia is a lonely little dove

ReputationRep:
    You're pure. Thats absolutely nothing to be ashamed of. Sex is used by the marketeers to peddle their filth on to the populace and frankly anyone not playing the game/selling out/indulging should be praised rather than mocked. Westerners are like that though claiming to be all tolerant but they're judgemental scum in a much more deviant sort of way.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 10, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.