The Student Room Group

Tuition Fees

Hi there
I've got a place for an NHS funded course and I'm eligible for tution fees and bursary from the NHS. However I'm abit confused because what if I don't get onto my NHS course at the end of the year and go there clearing and enter a course that isn't NHS funded. Who wil pay my tution fees because I wouldn't have applied via student finance? Please help
Original post by hafi786
Hi there
I've got a place for an NHS funded course and I'm eligible for tution fees and bursary from the NHS. However I'm abit confused because what if I don't get onto my NHS course at the end of the year and go there clearing and enter a course that isn't NHS funded. Who wil pay my tution fees because I wouldn't have applied via student finance? Please help

You would have to apply to SFE. As a late application for funding your maintenance and tuition loan payments are likely to be delayed so you could end up with no money for a few months or the first term. Universities are usually understanding in these cases.

If you think there is a chance you will end up on a non-NHS funded course and you don't have the money to cover your rent/living costs for the first term saved up then you can apply now for SFE loans with a guess about which university/course you would take. If you don't enrol on that course then the loan would be cancelled.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending