Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I am visiting Florence in October. Where would you like to me to visit in Florence?

ReputationRep:
    I'm currently planning my journey:

Canterbury > Dover > Calais > Brussels > Cologne > Frankfurt > Stuttgart > Zurich > Milan > Venice > Florence > Rome > Naples > Athens > Izmir > Istanbul > Ankara > Aleppo > Damascus > Beirut > Tel Aviv > Jerusalem > Amman > Baghdad > Isfahan > Tehran --- Cairo > Alexandria > Benghazi > Tripoli > Tunis > Fez > Marrakesh > Casablanca > Rabat > Gibraltar > Cordoba > Madrid > Barcelona > Toulouse > Montpelier > Lyon > Geneva > Paris > Guernsey > Plymouth > Bristol > London.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheArtofProtest)

Canterbury > Dover > Calais > Brussels > Cologne > Frankfurt > Stuttgart > Zurich > Milan > Venice > Florence > Rome > Naples > Athens > Izmir > Istanbul > Ankara > Aleppo > Damascus > Beirut > Tel Aviv > Jerusalem > Amman > Baghdad > Isfahan > Tehran --- Cairo > Alexandria > Benghazi > Tripoli > Tunis > Fez > Marrakesh > Casablanca > Rabat > Gibraltar > Cordoba > Madrid > Barcelona > Toulouse > Montpelier > Lyon > Geneva > Paris > Guernsey > Plymouth > Bristol > London.
    A perfect loop. Great idea I have the same thing in mind, except that I'll extend the circle through the entirety of Africa. First, however, I must make good on my promise to drive from Berlin to Vladivostok.

ReputationRep:
    The future.

ReputationRep:

You're from canterbury so am I. I'm going to Venice Padua and Vicenza next month. I don't live in canterbury anymore I live in west wales.

ReputationRep:
    Nepal and Bhutan

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TeeEm)
    Nepal and Bhutan
    My mum and sister lived in Nepal for a while.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Desideria)
    A perfect loop. Great idea I have the same thing in mind, except that I'll extend the circle through the entirety of Africa. First, however, I must make good on my promise to drive from Berlin to Vladivostok.

Nice drive.

ReputationRep:
    Well, Google Maps tells me that you can make the journey in 137 hours "if there is no traffic". The roads must be horrendous.

If you're going to Vladivostok, you might as well make a short detour to, say Pyongyang and confiscate Kim Jong-Un's nuclear toys.
    Already on the to-do list

And, yes, I'm sure the roads are terrible, but I'll have my trusty Land Rover Defender by my side...and if all else fails I'll take the Trans-Siberian Express instead and just say I drove. Nothing wrong with the occasional white lie, I'm thinking.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by N-R-G)
    My mum and sister lived in Nepal for a while.
    very nice !!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TeeEm)
    very nice !!
    My mum did VSO and my sister makes films about communist revolutionaries over there.

ReputationRep:
    Make sure that train doesn't take you to the gulags. I've heard that they are terrible.

But no such luck for me. I'd love to do that journey on horseback but if I do, I probably would have to chalk Baghdad and Tehran off unless I want to end up doubling back and I beginning to think it's worth it.

I'm actually from London.

I was going to miss Venice out because it would add a lot to my journey but apparently it's started to sink so I should probably visit it whilst I can.
    I've been twice before its so beautiful you shouldn't miss it.

ReputationRep:

That will be amazing. How long in each place? how much £££ are required?

Why Guersnsey > Plymouth > Bristol?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alfed)
    I am visiting Florence in October. Where would you like to me to visit in Florence?
    You might want to edit that it don't make no kinda sense.

ReputationRep:
    Make sure that train doesn't take you to the gulags. I've heard that they are terrible.

But no such luck for me. I'd love to do that journey on horseback but if I do, I probably would have to chalk Baghdad and Tehran off unless I want to end up doubling back and I beginning to think it's worth it.
    I'll be sure to avoid the listings on Booking.com

Horseback? Now that would make the news. Daring idea. I hope you do it.

ReputationRep:
    modena, italy- the heartland of the italian finery
    havana, cuba- old cars and cigars
    las vegas,nv,- pawn stars
    frankfort, kentucky- pappy van winkle distillery
    los angeles, ca- san andreas not to mention a lot of wealthy customers potentially
    new york, ny- liberty city
    cape town, sa- diamonds
    miami, fl,- vice city
    bogota, colombia- emeralds and cocaine
    antwerp, belgium-diamonds
    tel aviv, israel-diamonds
    geneva, switzerland-rolex

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alfed)
    Climb the Duomo, go in the Uffizi and/or Accademia, have a look at the famous tombs in Santa Croce, cross the Ponte Vecchio, climb the hills and look down on the city. Most chapels have beautiful frescoes. It's possible to get art burnout though so spend a lot of time chilling out too. Beautiful city.

I'd personally like to explore Southern Italy, the Balkans and Turkey.

I've always wanted to visit warwick castle.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    I want to back to Iceland but apart from there, I want to visit every other Scandinavian and Baltic country.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    5 countries I want to visit in my lifetime consist of:

- Italy
    - France
    - Spain
    - Germany
    - Canada

There are more of course! I've already visited Egypt, Tunisia, India (will continue visiting) and the US!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.