Maya7756
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
so currenly i am studying travel and tourism level 3 90 credit diploma, i am in my first yesr and in uni i want to study law and criminology. in uni can we study any course you want?i do recognise that law and criminology is a big jump ffrom travel and tourism
Jasy
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Hi

Not exactly sure what you mean by ''can we study any course you want to?''.

In any event, Law and Criminology (at least at my Uni) was essentially 2/3 Law and 1/3 Criminology. The people I knew on the course generally did better in their Criminology exams/coursework than they did in their Law ones, therefore suggesting that Criminology was easier than Law.

Have a think about what courses you would be able to do in relation to your results, where you see yourself after Uni and what you want to get out of your degree. E.g. I did my Law degree because I wanted to qualify as a Solicitor as soon as possible as opposed to picking it because it was the most interesting/fun. You may not have the aspirations to be a Solicitor and therefore you may want to do Criminology on its own rather than have to do elements of the Law degree too.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (84)
38.89%
I'm worried that I’m not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (23)
10.65%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (15)
6.94%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as ‘lesser’ because I didn’t take exams (51)
23.61%
I don’t think that receiving these grades will impact my future (27)
12.5%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (16)
7.41%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed