Turn on thread page Beta

Homophobic after gay relationship? How does that work? watch

ReputationRep:
    So my friend/cousin is like bisexual or gay not sure. And he's always been in the closet. I don't think it's at all possible for him to come out. I mean to like family. We've only got one aunt that doesn't completely freak out with the word homosexual and she still has issues with it herself. And as fate would have it his mom says stuff like that it should be illegal. And he's 17 so he still lives with his parents and I guess influenced by them. Anyhow last month he had a short lived relationship with this guy that ended a few weeks ago. In the last 2 weeks, he's done a huge 180 and has like gone out of his way to make fun of and mock out gay guys. And it's like his view on it a totally done a 180. What's weird is I thought homophobes were repressed homosexuals. Not ones that indulge?

ReputationRep:
    "last summer he had a short lived relationship with this guy a few weeks ago"

wat?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Katarvi)
    "last summer he had a short lived relationship with this guy a few weeks ago"

wat?
    that meant to read last month he had a short lived relationship that ended a few weeks ago my bad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nrb17)
    So my friend/cousin is like bisexual or gay not sure. And he's always been in the closet. I don't think it's at all possible for him to come out. I mean to like family. We've only got one aunt that doesn't completely freak out with the word homosexual and she still has issues with it herself. And as fate would have it his mom says stuff like that it should be illegal. And he's 17 so he still lives with his parents and I guess influenced by them. Anyhow last month he had a short lived relationship with this guy that ended a few weeks ago. In the last 2 weeks, he's done a huge 180 and has like gone out of his way to make fun of and mock out gay guys. And it's like his view on it a totally done a 180. What's weird is I thought homophobes were repressed homosexuals. Not ones that indulge?
    How did you come to the conclusion that a homophobe was a repressed homosexual?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lulu24)
    How did you come to the conclusion that a homophobe was a repressed homosexual?
    Well that's why they're afraid of homosexuals right? Otherwise if you are one yourself and practicing then wouldn't you have nothing to fear? As the cat is out of the bag.

(Original post by nrb17)
    Well that's why they're afraid of homosexuals right? Otherwise if you are one yourself and practicing then wouldn't you have nothing to fear? As the cat is out of the bag.
    That's like saying people are racist because they're lowkey black.
    People are islamophobes because they're lowkey muslims.

There are some people who just simply do not agree with homosexuality and are not lowkey homosexuals.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    That's like saying people are racist because they're lowkey black.
    People are islamophobes because they're lowkey muslims.

There are some people who just simply do not agree with homosexuality and are not lowkey homosexuals.
    no they see it as some type of threat right? Or else why hate something that has nothing to do with you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheArtofProtest)
    The relationship probably left a bitter aftertaste in his mouth.
    the guy he was with wasn't eve openly gay though. If anyone I'd think he'd have an issue with straight girls as the guy went back with his ex. Instead he went totally in a direction I didn't see coming.

ReputationRep:
    maybe he's decided he wants to convince others he's not so badly that this is what he's doing idk

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheArtofProtest)
    The relationship probably left a bitter aftertaste in his mouth.
    It wasn't the relationship that left the bitter aftertaste :sexface:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zargabaath)
    It wasn't the relationship that left the bitter aftertaste :sexface:
    lol

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 7, 2016

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.