Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Studying Abroad at Plovdiv Medical University (Dentistry 2016 entry) Watch

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I am looking to apply to Plovdiv Medical University for the 2016 entry and would like some advice. Would I have to go through an agency to get a student loan or can I go direct through the University and still get a loan? Worried as going through agencies costs a lot of money.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rs1214)
    Hi, I am looking to apply to Plovdiv Medical University for the 2016 entry and would like some advice. Would I have to go through an agency to get a student loan or can I go direct through the University and still get a loan? Worried as going through agencies costs a lot of money.
    Advice on agencies would be If you use study medicine Europe (agency fee around £3000) then you will be able to get a student loan straight away, but I looked into it and many other agencies which charge around £1800 like tutelage etc.., can get you a student loan but you will have to wait a couple of months and get a letter from the dean of the stating that you are officially enrolled on the course and then can get the loan for the 5.5 years. but then again if you only want a loan and nothing else It may be difficult to get one yourself as you will have to get it from a Bulgarian bank which agencies already have contacts with. but you can negotiate with the agency and just ask them to get a loan, I asked tutelage for assistance on a loan only and nothing else and they quoted around £300, to get all of the documentation checked etc with the bank. hope this helps. and see you in 2016 as I`m going as well to study dentistry .

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rs1214)
    Oh dear. What would you go to a university that buys awards to try and give itself some form of legitimacy. I found this when searching and posted it one some other forums. Do yourself a favour and go to a real university!

Name:  image.png
Views: 1188
Size:  178.2 KB
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    Lol cooliomed stop with the lies, ur prob just sad that u didnt get the grsdes to get in the uk or europe so u used ur fake freshie friend to type.u some.messages so u could screenshot them and post them. As for rs1214 dont listen to people like that plovdiv is a fully acredited uni, and as it is im europe when u get back to the uk u can start woth ur job a.s.a.p., from working in a nhs hosptial for a year in the cardiothoracic ward and many others i can tell nearly all and prob most of the top surgeons i mey studied abroad e.g like india etc, and almost all of them were foreign, and not once did patients ask what uni did u go too, and going to europe unis is some thing to be proud of as at least when u qualify u can put ur head up high and be a doctor etc, meanwhile that douche that posted the earlier reply will ve making up more lies on some one elses posts

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by suparna99)
    Lol cooliomed stop with the lies, ur prob just sad that u didnt get the grsdes to get in the uk or europe so u used ur fake freshie friend to type.u some.messages so u could screenshot them and post them. As for rs1214 dont listen to people like that plovdiv is a fully acredited uni, and as it is im europe when u get back to the uk u can start woth ur job a.s.a.p., from working in a nhs hosptial for a year in the cardiothoracic ward and many others i can tell nearly all and prob most of the top surgeons i mey studied abroad e.g like india etc, and almost all of them were foreign, and not once did patients ask what uni did u go too, and going to europe unis is some thing to be proud of as at least when u qualify u can put ur head up high and be a doctor etc, meanwhile that douche that posted the earlier reply will ve making up more lies on some one elses posts
    Well there is such little English in that reply that the president of France would be happy with it. If you are an internationally trained doctor how on earth did you pass the required IELTS test???? Actually if you enrol in Europe from 2016 then you can't work asap as you will have to pass the UKMLA first. So you are wrong, fact!

http://www.gmc-uk.org/05___UKMLA_nex...f_62067421.pdf

Also the Bulgarian government has raised the issue of such corruption and Turkey did de-recognise Bulgarian degrees. That is a fact!

http://www.anticorruption.bg/index.php?id=917
    http://www.novinite.com/view_news.php?id=141661

Plovdiv is also a university that buys awards. That is a fact!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Plovdi...ty#Controversy

You claim that I have got a friend to post a comment in Feb 2015 that i can use in March 2016 is so ridiculous that I should even give it any attention, but please that has got to be one of the most bonkers claims i have ever heard.

If I assume you are used to making unsubstantiated comments then i have big concerns with regards to the quality of any higher education your received.

Given your staunch defence of this university against all the evidence i have included above you must have some reason or interest. Are you an agent by any chance?

BTW, I am going to study medicine in Czech Republic.

ReputationRep:
    rs1214 My advice is to apply to Medical University Sofia. The quality of education is higher and I think that you can get a loan through the uni. However, there is some truth in ''paying for exams'' in Plovdiv University but in Sofia my friends are working really hard to get things done. If you are willing to learn, this things are not going to bother you anyway, cause Bulgaria offers good education for medicine. If you have any questions feel free to ask me

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by live-love-laugh)
    rs1214 My advice is to apply to Medical University Sofia. The quality of education is higher and I think that you can get a loan through the uni. However, there is some truth in ''paying for exams'' in Plovdiv University but in Sofia my friends are working really hard to get things done. If you are willing to learn, this things are not going to bother you anyway, cause Bulgaria offers good education for medicine. If you have any questions feel free to ask me
    So we should take "your advice" as you have "some friends" studying. Well that really sounds like qualified advice and guidance! So you "think" the "uni" will loan you money to study with them? My word this is priceless!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by live-love-laugh)
    did you go through SME?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rumana101)
    did you go through SME?
    SME is nothing more than a con!
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cooliomed)
    SME is nothing more than a con!
    sme have guaranteed places from sofia which they allocate to uk students though and I've been to the event where students from the uk are studying medical and dental degrees and are in their 3/4 years.

ReputationRep:
    sme have guaranteed places from sofia which they allocate to uk students though and I've been to the event where students from the uk are studying medical and dental degrees and are in their 3/4 years.
    Pile of tosh and even Sofia University says so. Think you should really do your research before you fall for their elaborate pitch to get your hard earned money!

Name:  Screen Shot 2016-03-10 at 13.45.16.png
Views: 1079
Size:  33.3 KB

ReputationRep:
    Pile of tosh and even Sofia University says so. Think you should really do your research before you fall for their elaborate pitch to get your hard earned money!

Name:  Screen Shot 2016-03-10 at 13.45.16.png
Views: 1079
Size:  33.3 KB
    may I ask where you got this resource from?

ReputationRep:
    may I ask where you got this resource from?
    Medical University of Sofia's very own website.

ReputationRep:
    Medical University of Sofia's very own website.
    Can't get my head around why there are so many British students being allocated places through this company.

They seem to claim they have 'guaranteed places' which they are allowed to allocate.

ReputationRep:
    Can't get my head around why there are so many British students being allocated places through this company.

They seem to claim they have 'guaranteed places' which they are allowed to allocate.
    Because the are lying to get money out of your pocket, really is it that hard to believe???? Hello, Earth to rumana101!!!!!!

If you want to be a doctor or dentist you need to be able to draw your own conclusions from what you observe. The world and especially Eastern Europe is not sugar coated.

ReputationRep:

My advice is call around and speak to a free agency rather that believe what the infamous Aris tries to tell you.

The moon on a stick can be sold to you.....for a price!

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=Cooliomed;64161515]My advice is call around and speak to a free agency rather that believe what the infamous Aris tries to tell you.

The moon on a stick can be sold to you.....for a price![/QUO

How are they lying when I've met students who study there that have gone through this company, your right in the sense their seems to be more to it than what the company has revealed. I'm just not sure on how legitimate this company is as it claims to be.

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=rumana101;64161821]
    My advice is call around and speak to a free agency rather that believe what the infamous Aris tries to tell you.

How are they lying when I've met students who study there that have gone through this company, your right in the sense their seems to be more to it than what the company has revealed. I'm just not sure on how legitimate this company is as it claims to be.
    Look, they will get you in. That;'s guaranteed. They will charge up to £6000, but you'll get a place.

However, do some research PLEASE. There are many other agencies out there who charge so much less, and offer such a better service.

SME will leave you at the gates, you can forget about the 6 year support they claim or the 'after graduation' support.

If that is something you are after, then please go for it

However, if you want to save some of your (or your parents) hard earned money, and appreciate a more personalised service throughout your 6 years - then i would suggest look at other agencies

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=rumana101;64161821]

So you meet students at an event in the UK who should have been back in Bulgaria studying?

Well yes, Sofia is just a short bus ride away.Hmmmmmm...they must have come to this "open day" out of the goodness of their heart???

Sure they were not getting paid by Mr Aris to say what he wanted them to say? That could never happen at his event could it?

Or perhaps it is the university that is lying on its website?Sorry, but you appear to want to believe what you want to hear and not what is staring you in the face.

There is coffee brewing, I really suggest you smell it before you talk yourself into handing over a load of money you will never see again and then find your sugar coated almond it rotten when you bite into it.

Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=Cooliomed;64162187]

So you meet students at an event in the UK who should have been back in Bulgaria studying?

Well yes, Sofia is just a short bus ride away.Hmmmmmm...they must have come to this "open day" out of the goodness of their heart???

Sure they were not getting paid by Mr Aris to say what he wanted them to say? That could never happen at his event could it?

Or perhaps it is the university that is lying on its website?Sorry, but you appear to want to believe what you want to hear and not what is staring you in the face.

There is coffee brewing, I really suggest you smell it before you talk yourself into handing over a load of money you will never see again and then find your sugar coated almond it rotten when you bite into it.

Good luck!
    True I guess, also there was no mention of costs for the service they claim to offer at the open event and when asked Aris did not seem to have a direct answer. In terms of grades there is some sort of bribery involved where if a student achieves a lower grade then SME pay the university extra to take on these students. From what Ive gathered so far I think both the university and sme are untrustworthy, its a shame really as dentistry is my only passion and sme seems to sell false promises to many students. But, there are students who have gone through this process and gained the degree in which they are fully entitled to work in the UK, as the majority of universities in Bulgaria are GDC accredited. Do you know of any other companies that provide a similar service which is more reliable?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.