Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Studying Abroad at Plovdiv Medical University (Dentistry 2016 entry) watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=PsychPrincess;65387685]
    (Original post by Cooliomed)

Yeah try telling him that, you're acting like it's MY money.
    Well if there is non loan anyway you don't really have much other option but to try and charm him!

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=Cooliomed;65388835]
    (Original post by PsychPrincess)

Well if there is non loan anyway you don't really have much other option but to try and charm him!
    I am trying!! He seems to think job prospects are slim, not worth investing in, would rather retire etc

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=PsychPrincess;65443759]

I am trying!! He seems to think job prospects are slim, not worth investing in, would rather retire etc
    Well it depends on which uni you graduate from. Plovdiv has only been teaching dentistry in English for three - four years so it would be a gamble as there is no track record.

This is why I went down the Czech route for medicine. Likely to be no issue on getting a job afterwards.

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=Cooliomed;65444049]

Well it depends on which uni you graduate from. Plovdiv has only been teaching dentistry in English for three - four years so it would be a gamble as there is no track record.

This is why I went down the Czech route for medicine. Likely to be no issue on getting a job afterwards.
    What about Sofia? Apparently that's the best one?

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=PsychPrincess;65444079]

What about Sofia? Apparently that's the best one?
    Sofia was offically flagged as corrupt in a paper i shared a while back. The only uni i found in Bulgaria that was credible was Pleven.

You might pay a bit more per year for dentistry in other counties but you only study for five years and get a lot better education than you will in Bulgaria.

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=Cooliomed;65453855]

Sofia was offically flagged as corrupt in a paper i shared a while back. The only uni i found in Bulgaria that was credible was Pleven.

You might pay a bit more per year for dentistry in other counties but you only study for five years and get a lot better education than you will in Bulgaria.
    I agree

ReputationRep:
    Hi,I have heard that studying medicine in Europe is an alternative if it is unlikely to get a place here. I did some digging through student room and a lot of them go through agencies because it is easier and tuition fees etc are covered. Is this all true because there is sometimes conflict on the other threads.

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=Cooliomed;65453855]

How do you know soon much information on the universities? I really need to start doing my research properly. I have read so much now my brain hurts. So what do you think is the best decision to make on studying abroad?

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=daliah123;65675227]

How do you know soon much information on the universities? I really need to start doing my research properly. I have read so much now my brain hurts. So what do you think is the best decision to make on studying abroad?
    I started my research when in Yr 12!

Best choice is to go to a uni with a top reputation and you do have to pay a bit more for these places. Avoid crappy unis like those in Romania or Plovdiv (which has to buy awards to get some legitimacy lol!!!).

ReputationRep:
    Hey, I rang study medicine Europe & tutelage to ask about student loans for studying Medicine at Plovdiv university. They said student loans are no longer available & that I'll have to fund the money for the degree. (£6000 per year )
    Were you able to get a student loan ? if so how did you go about applying for it ? 😊

ReputationRep:
    Hey, I rang study medicine Europe & tutelage to ask about student loans for studying Medicine at Plovdiv university. They said student loans are no longer available & that I'll have to fund the money for the degree. (£6000 per year ) Were you able to get a student loan ? if so how did you go about applying for it ? 😊

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, no more loans

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sally667)
    Hey, I rang study medicine Europe & tutelage to ask about student loans for studying Medicine at Plovdiv university. They said student loans are no longer available & that I'll have to fund the money for the degree. (£6000 per year )
    Were you able to get a student loan ? if so how did you go about applying for it ? 😊
    Even if the loans came back the UK has just voted to leave the EU. Loans were only for EU citizens.

ReputationRep:
    Even if the loans came back the UK has just voted to leave the EU. Loans were only for EU citizens.
    Unfortunately, you are right!

ReputationRep:
    Unfortunately, you are right.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by suparna99)
    Lol cooliomed stop with the lies, ur prob just sad that u didnt get the grsdes to get in the uk or europe so u used ur fake freshie friend to type.u some.messages so u could screenshot them and post them. As for rs1214 dont listen to people like that plovdiv is a fully acredited uni, and as it is im europe when u get back to the uk u can start woth ur job a.s.a.p., from working in a nhs hosptial for a year in the cardiothoracic ward and many others i can tell nearly all and prob most of the top surgeons i mey studied abroad e.g like india etc, and almost all of them were foreign, and not once did patients ask what uni did u go too, and going to europe unis is some thing to be proud of as at least when u qualify u can put ur head up high and be a doctor etc, meanwhile that douche that posted the earlier reply will ve making up more lies on some one elses posts
    Please don't even make me laugh.... Almost all top doctors were foreign?? Medicine is a global subject and every doctor strives for excellence and few settle for mediocrity. Of course there are going to be excellent doctors everywhere in the world. However, if you look at the actual medical education between the UK and some other European universities it's almost mind boggling. The U.K. system is more rigorous. Fact. The knowledge needed to pass the UK exams is considerably greater and indeed it is reflected in post graduate exams, MRCP/S etc where international grads have considerably lower outcomes.

From being a UK medical student who's been on wards and having a multitude of international peers, one thing they always remark on: UK medical education is up there with the highest regarded in the world and UK doctors are sought after. Hence they're studying here.

I'm not saying the UK system is the best or that other countries and universities have excellent medical education. Don't take it from me, take it from most healthcare systems around the world and healthcare professionals who regard UK medical education as superior to nearly every other country worldwide hence they seek out graduates of the UK/US/AUS/CAN etc systems.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rs1214)
    Hi, I am looking to apply to Plovdiv Medical University for the 2016 entry and would like some advice. Would I have to go through an agency to get a student loan or can I go direct through the University and still get a loan? Worried as going through agencies costs a lot of money.
    even with any agency or with out you can get a loan , but its highly recommend not due to it wount be student loan, as its not possible to do this if you are from uk and want study abroad. sorry , if you want further information, PM me - im 5th year dental studying abroad)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rehan-DMstudent)
    even with any agency or with out you can get a loan , but its highly recommend not due to it wount be student loan, as its not possible to do this if you are from uk and want study abroad. sorry , if you want further information, PM me - im 5th year dental studying abroad)
    5th year dental student despite Plovdiv only running the dentistry programme for four years?

AGENT ALERT!!!

ReputationRep:
    5th year dental student despite Plovdiv only running the dentistry programme for four years?

AGENT ALERT!!!

lol I never said I was student in Plovdiv , but my point was /is your not going get a student loan in any uni in Europe if you are from uk. hope that cleared it up for
    you
    cooliomed

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by suparna99)
    Advice on agencies would be If you use study medicine Europe (agency fee around £3000) then you will be able to get a student loan straight away, but I looked into it and many other agencies which charge around £1800 like tutelage etc.., can get you a student loan but you will have to wait a couple of months and get a letter from the dean of the stating that you are officially enrolled on the course and then can get the loan for the 5.5 years. but then again if you only want a loan and nothing else It may be difficult to get one yourself as you will have to get it from a Bulgarian bank which agencies already have contacts with. but you can negotiate with the agency and just ask them to get a loan, I asked tutelage for assistance on a loan only and nothing else and they quoted around £300, to get all of the documentation checked etc with the bank. hope this helps. and see you in 2016 as I`m going as well to study dentistry .
    what were your entry requirements?

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.