Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Studying Abroad at Plovdiv Medical University (Dentistry 2016 entry) Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alimunir2512)
    what were your entry requirements?
    generally its 3 C's

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sally667)
    Hey, I rang study medicine Europe & tutelage to ask about student loans for studying Medicine at Plovdiv university. They said student loans are no longer available & that I'll have to fund the money for the degree. (£6000 per year ) Were you able to get a student loan ? if so how did you go about applying for it ? 😊
    Hi Sally sorry for replying so late , I wrote my comment very early in the year before they stopped the loans so no I wasn't able to get one either . The fees are 8000 euros per year and half is paid each semester l. Once in September and once after Christmas . Hope this helps and good luck.
    P.s don't be influenced by some other people in this thread e.g the ones who say there is cheating etc they are complete false. The university is recognised fully by the Gdc and gmc in the UK. Some people just like to make stuff up but don't let that stop you from becoming a doctor /dentist . As when you qualify and come back to the uk no one really ever asks you which uni did you go to . And going abroad is so common now it doesn't really matter you are just as equal as U.K. Graduates . 👌🏼😄

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rs1214)
    Made my mind up. Will be hopefully applying to Marasyk University in Czech Republic as Plovdiv have only been doing dentistry 3-4 years and don't have any graduates working here. Rather know that I'll more likely have a job when I get back and rather pay the extra for a uni with better facilities and that has been doing it for ages.
    Are you studying at masaryk uni at the moment?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by F02r)
    Are you studying at masaryk uni at the moment?

I just want to make everyone aware that cooliomed is a the agency medical doorway (who promote czech universities) pretending to be a student on here. Thankfully he's been busted and banned! Be very careful of that agency for such deceptive and unethical practices!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cooliomed)
    Because the are lying to get money out of your pocket, really is it that hard to believe???? Hello, Earth to rumana101!!!!!!

If you want to be a doctor or dentist you need to be able to draw your own conclusions from what you observe. The world and especially Eastern Europe is not sugar coated.
    Oh my goodness, calm down. This is a year on and I'm just trying to read about people's experiences and all I see is you screaming through the posts. Unless you actually got conned there is no reason for this madness. I don't know about Bulgarian universities but I do have family members and family friends that (paid a lot more money though $12000 annually) that graduated from Hungary and Poland and is already working in Swedish hospitals. Despite having studied in English, Sweden is allowing them to work (of course they are Swedish citizens). Opportunities are endless so anyone reading this get your information from working people not people like me or this Cooliomed character just typing things online. Hard work pays off, but be smart about your information sources. Maybe save some money and actually visit universities you're considering to apply into.

PS. Really can't figure out your agenda. It's their money their life, no need to be mocking and screaming instructions (idk if you're screaming but your endless exclamation marks looks so).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gillian_doctor)
    I just want to make everyone aware that cooliomed is a the agency medical doorway (who promote czech universities) pretending to be a student on here. Thankfully he's been busted and banned! Be very careful of that agency for such deceptive and unethical practices!
    Wow really, I was wondering. That's sad because most students will just be reading the first or second pages. How did he get busted?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.