Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    At the end of 2014 in December, I started to talk to this girl. I had known who she was for a while because we had to gone to the same primary school and then to the same high school together, and we were now both in year 11. After getting to know each other, we quickly became close friends and met up occasionally outside school to hang out and we messaged frequently on social media. But then in April, something changed between us and she began pushing me away. I pointed this out to her many times, but she just said that she was busy with work. I believed her at first, and I still believe that she is busy with work occasionally, but then I started to notice she had a lot of time to spend with her other friends, and it quickly occurred to me that she seemed to have enough time to spend with all her other friends except me. I also pointed this out to her, and said if you don't want me in your life anymore, all you have to do is tell me that. She replied by telling me that of course she wants me in her life, and that when we do talk, she says our conversations tend to be very deep and meaningful, and she doesn't have much time to have such conversations recently. After that, we had no contact for a few months. This silence was broken by her, when she messaged me saying she was sorry for pushing me away, that I was the kindest person she knows and that she would like to meet up with me. This came as a shock to me, and I said I would gladly meet up with her. However, since then, things go silent between us for about a month, then I message how to check she is alright, we agree to meeting up again, then things go silent and everything repeats again. I'm not entirely sure what to think; sometimes I think she cares about me being her friend and sometimes I think she doesn't care. However, despite all that has happened, I feel she still trusts me. The girl in question is very kind and friendly, but she can be shy. So, why is she acting the way she is? Is it me or something else?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WizardDragonFire)
    At the end of 2014 in December, I started to talk to this girl. I had known who she was for a while because we had to gone to the same primary school and then to the same high school together, and we were now both in year 11. After getting to know each other, we quickly became close friends and met up occasionally outside school to hang out and we messaged frequently on social media. But then in April, something changed between us and she began pushing me away. I pointed this out to her many times, but she just said that she was busy with work. I believed her at first, and I still believe that she is busy with work occasionally, but then I started to notice she had a lot of time to spend with her other friends, and it quickly occurred to me that she seemed to have enough time to spend with all her other friends except me. I also pointed this out to her, and said if you don't want me in your life anymore, all you have to do is tell me that. She replied by telling me that of course she wants me in her life, and that when we do talk, she says our conversations tend to be very deep and meaningful, and she doesn't have much time to have such conversations recently. After that, we had no contact for a few months. This silence was broken by her, when she messaged me saying she was sorry for pushing me away, that I was the kindest person she knows and that she would like to meet up with me. This came as a shock to me, and I said I would gladly meet up with her. However, since then, things go silent between us for about a month, then I message how to check she is alright, we agree to meeting up again, then things go silent and everything repeats again. I'm not entirely sure what to think; sometimes I think she cares about me being her friend and sometimes I think she doesn't care. However, despite all that has happened, I feel she still trusts me. The girl in question is very kind and friendly, but she can be shy. So, why is she acting the way she is? Is it me or something else?
    tldr sorry

ReputationRep:
    When she does contact you, is it when she needs something, advice, ect?

I don't think it's you, unless she finds you too needy. Idk why she's acting that way, could be the relationship means more to you then it does to her.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WizardDragonFire)
    I mean, freindships dont last forever, she probably found new people, new expireinces and you should too. I am not saying you should stop talking ot her, but you have to know that you cant control her life either.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 7, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.