Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi, my son is now submitting his application for his second year of finance at uni and has gone through the first 2 sections of his reapplication. On reaching the third section about living costs it gives an information box at the top (before clicking yes to applying for maintenance loan) which states that you may get up to £3820 for a maintenance loan. I am baffled at this amount as I do not understand why it is so low. He will be living in halls and has no overseas or work placements. He is doing an ordinary course with no nhs / medical etc links, in Birmingham. He was awarded almost £5000 last year as a loan. I don't understand why it says up to this much lower figure, before we have even submitted my income as a parent. Pic attached (no personal info visible)
    Any ideas please?
    Fi
    Name:  image.jpg
Views: 157
Size:  237.3 KB
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    Official TSR Representative
    Hi fifidi

There could be a few reasons why the funding is showing as lower such as living location, showing final year of course, requested to be income assessed.

I would advise him to call so we can check his application: 0300 100 0607

Thanks

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.