The Student Room Group

Do white guys like south asian girls?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous
ive always thought that a white guy would never go for south asians. im south asian my self and a lot of white guys are attracted to me and want me. i generally just thought that they preferred white girls just as i prefer asian boys although some white guys are yum! i dont want to sound ignorant about it, im just curious :smile:

You probably look latina, they usually don't like Indians.
ive always thought that a white guy would never go for south asians. im south asian my self and a lot of white guys are attracted to me and want me. i generally just thought that they preferred white girls just as i prefer asian boys although some white guys are yum! i dont want to sound ignorant about it, im just curious :smile:

Yes a lot of them probably do find them attractive. But that's not the issue. I think due to cultural and family values in reality you don't tend to see many couples and mixed Asian relationship rate is very low compared to say Afro-Caribbeans. I lived in an area with one of the highest South Asian populations in the country and such couples were rare and to be honest a lot of the white guys did not entertain the idea of truly fitting in with those families when they could just date Becky or Emily stress-free. Even other Asians have a hard time with other Asian families, so white guys don't stand a chance of an easy life. Now that I'm in London I see lots of interracial couples but AW and WM still aren't too common. I do know a few Asian girls from so called liberal families who have entered relationships with white (and black men) but they guy's life was always made hell and he was treated like a taboo or second rate so the relationships did not end up being successful.
I'm more physically attracted to South East Asian girls.
Reply 23
Original post by HmmIsIt
White guys like everyone, except from full black girls.

Hmmm that would explain my white father marrying my black mother wouldn't it? Such a stupid, childish and IGNORANT statement.
Original post by tilray
Hmmm that would explain my white father marrying my black mother wouldn't it? Such a stupid, childish and IGNORANT statement.

Although I cannot confirm what he says to be true, I believe sweeping statements like what he said generally still allow for exceptions.
Reply 25
Right, every individual person has different tastes and preferences, you cannot generalise based on race!!!!! It's 2016!!!
Original post by BarryBeTrippin

I disagree I think white men do usually like Indian women. And I never saw an Indian woman who looked Latina they look completely different. Partly because Latinas are mostly of mixed heritage although some are just white, black or indigenous to the Americas. Not much to do with the Indian sub-continent.
Original post by BarryBeTrippin

haha i dont look latina, i look indian :tongue:
Original post by tilray

I always laugh then I here people saying stuff like the previous poster. There is a higher proportion of black women married to white men than South Asian women, etc. I think it's partly a cultural thing and about openness. Black families of all the races don't tend to care as much who you date. My father's family (black) would be delighted with whoever I date they really couldn't give a hoot about the colour of skin that's probably the last thing they would care about they wouldn't blink an eyelid.
Reply 29
I don't think that's true. In the UK over 1/3of Afro-Caribbean men have a white partner and a 1/3 of Afro-Caribbean women have a white partner. It is no where near that high for South Asians or Indians etc. Or any other group for that matter.

They are not accepted.
Reply 30
Original post by tilray

There are not many. I didn't intend to offend.
omfg
I disagree I think white men do usually like Indian women. And I never saw an Indian woman who looked Latina they look completely different. Partly because Latinas are mostly of mixed heritage although some are just white, black or indigenous to the Americas. Not much to do with the Indian sub-continent.

This doesn't counter your argument in the quote above, I'm not disagreeing with your point at all, but I just wanted to say this to the bit in bold.
South Asians are mixed heritage too, some Indians and Latino people do look similar because of this reason. Yes, the Latina look is completely different to the Indian look but there are a few that look similar.
(edited 8 years ago)

I'm Indian and my boyfriend's white. We met on TSR and we've been dating for well over a year now.

I still can't believe questions like this still come up, humans like other humans. Skin colour doesn't come into it but it can't mean that your SO can't appreciate your skin colour either. Mine only ever mentions it when he wants to build me up if I'm feeling down and says I'm beautiful in all ways etc and lists which ways.
My boyfriend's never been friends with anyone Asian before me as he is from a predominantly white place but it doesn't mean he's racist.

What I'm trying to say is you can't help who you like and I've recently seen about 20 White/Asian couples in my city so yes it does happen but it's less common (maybe because you tend to be attracted to people your own race? or some other scientific reason)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending