Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta
    • Thread Starter

    I am 22 and currently applying for funding for my first degree.
    I have been working full-time since July 2012 and supporting myself financially the whole time, however I remained living with my parents but I paid rent to them throughout this period.
    I am now studying foundation diploma and work part-time (since Sept. 2015) to subsidise my living costs but rely partially on parents.
    Do I qualify as financially independent?

    • Official TSR Representative

    Official TSR Representative
    Hi aaang

    If you are looking to be assessed as an independent student you will be required to show 3 years/ 36 months of evidence to show you have been supporting yourself.
    This can include P60's, payslips to show your income.
    If you are not able to apply as independent then you can ask your parents to provide their income details and we can base your assessment on that.

Are you going to a festival?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.