Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I have currently submitted my application for student finance, however, on my to-do list I have to enter my National Insurance Number. Every time I try to enter this the Submit button does not work- when I click submit nothing happens. How do I get this to work, or do I have to submit it another way?
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    (Original post by Megankelly0426)
    I have currently submitted my application for student finance, however, on my to-do list I have to enter my National Insurance Number. Every time I try to enter this the Submit button does not work- when I click submit nothing happens. How do I get this to work, or do I have to submit it another way?
    Which broswer are you using? Some applicants have reported problems with Firefox not working with the online form properly.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PQ)
    Which broswer are you using? Some applicants have reported problems with Firefox not working with the online form properly.

i have tried using internet explorer and google chrome, neither work.
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    (Original post by Megankelly0426)
    i have tried using internet explorer and google chrome, neither work.
    Sorry it's really difficult to help with questions like this. The only other suggestion I can think of is asking if you've tried both including and excluding the spaces. And checking that you haven't got any pop up or ad blockers running that might affect the form. Or that you've not got a valid NI number for some reason (NI numbers have some rules associated with them https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_Insurance_number ).

If this doesn't help then ring up SFE. They should be able to give you direct help with specific details (eg you can read out your NI number and they can check it for you - don't post your NI number on TSR!!) and if it comes to it direct you towards the paper form to apply.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.