Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Staying safe online: grooming a real life horror story Watch

• TSR Community Team
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    TSR Community Team
    Study Helper
    I just read this article on the BBC, where a girl was kidnapped and raped at the age of 13. It's hard to read and imagine, it's like a horror story but real: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-35730298

Thought I would share it because all too often we still see young people online who aren't aware of or concerned about their own safety.

ReputationRep:
    that is absolutely sickening

ReputationRep:
    To be honest 19 yrs struck me as a weak sentence for this crime in the US.
    They should throw away the key.

ReputationRep:
    My god, some children are so ****ing stupid.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    19 years does seem a really low sentence. How do you rehabillitate someone like that?

ReputationRep:
    So he punishment is 19 years? That's 6.935 days. I'm doing the maths over and over but I'm stumped. When I calculate the time it takes to pull out a gun and shoot him between the eyes, it ends up no where near that number? Weird...I even tried factoring in using something like a wrench or lump hammer on the limbs before the bullet...but again...I'm not even getting a day.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 7, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.