The Student Room Group

I get called attention seeking for having a picture of me as my avatar?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by WoodyMKC
Why do you care about what a bunch of people you're never gonna meet think?

ive been judged by people all my life, i guess i let small things get to me
Original post by Anonymous
im female and ad say im good looking as i get lots of attention for my looks. it annoys me when people say im attention seeking (mainly by guys) bc i have a picture of me as my avatar, im very modest about looks and get shy when people compliment me, i dont hate it when people compliment me but happy as well as shy.

do any of you guys think having my picture as my avatar is attention seeking, i dont get why i get told it is.

You're not an attention seeker, a lot of people here have a pic of themselves as avatars , and if you think you are beautiful I think that's a really good thing, you trust yourself and that's great :h:
When people say you are an attention seeker I think they might say you're beautiful, we're on a forum and you'll always have haters .. So just do whatever you want and be yourself girl <3
Original post by FrenchUnicorn
You're not an attention seeker, a lot of people here have a pic of themselves as avatars , and if you think you are beautiful I think that's a really good thing, you trust yourself and that's great :h:
When people say you are an attention seeker I think they might say you're beautiful, we're on a forum and you'll always have haters .. So just do whatever you want and be yourself girl <3

i always love your posts :smile: :love: xxxx
Probably unattractive users being bitter :yes:
Original post by Lord Samosa
Probably unattractive users being bitter :yes:

haha maybe :smile:
ive been judged by people all my life, i guess i let small things get to me

Everyone's been judged their whole life hun, I guess with some of us it makes you immune to it whereas with others you get sick of it :lol:
I know who you are anon :colone:

You're beauts anyway, ignore the haters

This is how you know you've been wasting too much time on TSR, ffs :facepalm2:

Why are quoting me? No,it not me
Original post by Jay to the mill
Is this Queen Bee?

Nope.
im female and ad say im good looking as i get lots of attention for my looks. it annoys me when people say im attention seeking (mainly by guys) bc i have a picture of me as my avatar, im very modest about looks and get shy when people compliment me, i dont hate it when people compliment me but happy as well as shy.

do any of you guys think having my picture as my avatar is attention seeking, i dont get why i get told it is.

Seriously the world will never understand
Original post by fire_and_ice
I know who you are anon :colone:

You're beauts anyway, ignore the haters

This is how you know you've been wasting too much time on TSR, ffs :facepalm2:

pm me then haha
i always love your posts :smile: :love: xxxx

Anwww thanks <3
Don't hesitate to PM if you want !! I know you wont be anon anymore but I'm not here to judge anyone <3
Reply 32
Original post by leavingthecity
No, how can just showing your own face be attention seeking? Fair enough if you're caked in make up and pouting but otherwise, how stupid.

Even if someone is caked in make-up and pouting, it's no one else's business and shouldn't concern them anyway.
@fire_and_ice you're a genius lol :wink:
@fire_and_ice you're a genius lol :wink:

Thanks xoxoxooxoxoxox
Original post by tilray
Even if someone is caked in make-up and pouting, it's no one else's business and shouldn't concern them anyway.

You are right. It's not for someone else to guess so publicly and possibly humiliate that person.
I know who you are as well OP; and trust me, ignore the haters
You are right. It's not for someone else to guess so publicly and possibly humiliate that person.

People don't understand how not to project their insecurities onto other people unfortunately :frown:
Original post by Ethereal World
People don't understand how not to project their insecurities onto other people unfortunately :frown:

You'd also have to be a bit of a creep to randomly comment in a thread about how someone wants attention from their picture if you ask me. The anonymity encourages it I guess.
You'd also have to be a bit of a creep to randomly comment in a thread about how someone wants attention from their picture if you ask me. The anonymity encourages it I guess.

The anonymity is both the best and worst thing about TSR for me. I know for a fact most people wouldn't do stuff like this in person. People feel like their actions don't have consequences and the Internet is a bubble. It's just naivety and immaturity. But you can't really enforce this kind of information on people- they have to learn from living. :yep:

Quick Reply