Turn on thread page Beta

Hi everyone! I need your help!! I have a friend who's in a bad place right now. They broke up with their ex a good few months back and they've lost all their confidence and self esteem. And on top of that they've been struggling with a new medical condition which has been affecting their attitude/mood quite a bit. I have tried talking to them and being their for them but I just don't know what to say or do. I never say the right things, it kills me seeing them this way and I just want to lift them up again. They used to be the jolliest and most positive person ever. And I feel useless, they used to be the one lifting me up whenever I had any problems and now I can't do the same for them. Their getting worse as days go by and I see no improvement and I just really want to help! Any suggestions??
    Thank you!!

Some people just like to be left alone, especially if they're feeling very irritable. I think you should let them know you are there for them and just leave it at that. Let them come to you when they're ready to accept your help. I know that's easier said than done, especially when you really care about them but honestly, there's not much else you can do. You said they're struggling with self esteem and a medical condition, perhaps guide them to look into counselling?

ReputationRep:
    Male or female? They should see a DR perhaps as you being there for them is not helping. Where is the family? Get them involved if possible

Posted from TSR Mobile

(Original post by SMEGGGY)
    Male or female? They should see a DR perhaps as you being there for them is not helping. Where is the family? Get them involved if possible

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Female and her family are what you can call non existent

ReputationRep:
    Give her a :hugs:

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 7, 2016
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.