Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

I lost my virginity to my boyfriend in December but i've never had an orgasm. Even when i masturbate i get close but can't finish. This is putting a big strain on my relationship.
    My boyfriend is convinced it's something he's doing wrong that i'm not getting there but i feel hat there's something wrong with me and we're both unhappy with the situation.
    I've been trying to work up the courage to go to my doctor about it but i'm incredibly shy and i'm scared they'll tell me to just practice more. I really don't know what more i can do.
    Has anyone else been in this situation or got advice for me?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I lost my virginity to my boyfriend in December but i've never had an orgasm. Even when i masturbate i get close but can't finish. This is putting a big strain on my relationship.
    My boyfriend is convinced it's something he's doing wrong that i'm not getting there but i feel hat there's something wrong with me and we're both unhappy with the situation.
    I've been trying to work up the courage to go to my doctor about it but i'm incredibly shy and i'm scared they'll tell me to just practice more. I really don't know what more i can do.
    The important thing is to reassure your bf that it isn't him.... Men seems to get easily hurt in these scenarios than women at times

ReputationRep:
    Well they say the first few times are crap anyway (For a girl) and you've only been shaggin since December that's 3 months! Keep messing about with it and I'm sure you'll hit the spot this summer. Once you reach a whole year after losing your V then you can be concerned

ReputationRep:
    Use a vibrator on your clitoris when he is inside you.... Or get him to rub it.
    It's all in the mind though... Try more foreplay before sex and don't be shy about your sexual fantasies.

Posted from TSR Mobile

(Original post by AccountingBabe)
    Use a vibrator on your clitoris when he is inside you.... Or get him to rub it.
    It's all in the mind though... Try more foreplay before sex and don't be shy about your sexual fantasies.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    i've suggested this but it makes him feel emasculated i think, plus i live with my parents and he lives with flatmates so it's very rare that we're home alone

ReputationRep:
    Ever thought of buying a vibrator? Nearly guaranteed that it will work.

OP you have nothing to worry about. You only lost your virginity a few months ago and are still figuring out what you like and what is a turn on. You'll get there, it really shouldn't be damaging your relationship.

ReputationRep:
    That is definetly NOT something to be bothering the doctor with.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GlobalJewMafia)
    That is definetly NOT something to be bothering the doctor with.
    Dude, what's with the username?
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    If you're getting close but not actually there whilst masturbating, that suggests a mental block most likely. Relax, let it happen.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WoodyMKC)
    mental block most likely. Relax, let it happen.
    I agree, back in the day as a semi-professional I could only orgasm in particular positions after a lot of hard work put in by my girlfriend(s).

It was purely a mental block problem and after learning and feeling to be 100% comfortable with my partner I was fine

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 7, 2016
Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.