Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I've recently started to worry about my UCAS points being too low, I fear that due to my grades slipping due to personal circumstances that I won't get into uni. I've been under a lot of stress due to my dad being diagnosed with terminal cancer, I've become sleep deprived and my grades are now quite low. My lecturer contacted the uni with a mitigation letter but I fear that the uni won't accept me, what do I do?
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster
    • Peer Support Volunteers

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Very Important Poster
    Peer Support Volunteers
    (Original post by bmmxx)
    I've recently started to worry about my UCAS points being too low, I fear that due to my grades slipping due to personal circumstances that I won't get into uni. I've been under a lot of stress due to my dad being diagnosed with terminal cancer, I've become sleep deprived and my grades are now quite low. My lecturer contacted the uni with a mitigation letter but I fear that the uni won't accept me, what do I do?
    I m really sorry to hear that your dad is ill, you need to ask the university what it's ecs procedure is but normally it only gives you a tiny bit of leighway. Do you have an insurance choice?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by claireestelle)
    I m really sorry to hear that your dad is ill, you need to ask the university what it's ecs procedure is but normally it only gives you a tiny bit of leighway. Do you have an insurance choice?
    No I was really counting on that university so I'm close to home.. :/
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster
    • Peer Support Volunteers

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Very Important Poster
    Peer Support Volunteers
    (Original post by bmmxx)
    No I was really counting on that university so I'm close to home.. :/
    Do you know if they offer foundation years in your chosen subject?

I was in a similar situation 3 years ago but with my grandad and I massively missed my offer but as I made them aware of my situation they offered me a different course through clearing instead so don't lose hope yet.

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.