Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

What quality do you value most in your friends? Watch

• TSR Community Team
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    TSR Community Team
    Welcome Squad
    I think with my friends it's the ability to not take ourselves too seriously when we're together. We can have a laugh and not get annoyed with each other.

What quality do you value the most with your friends?

ReputationRep:
    Loyalty

ReputationRep:
    The knowledge that they're not going to hold any of your failures against you - you can be completely open without fear of judgement or rumours being spread.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Asuna Yuuki)
    The knowledge that they're not going to hold any of your failures against you - you can be completely open without fear of judgement or rumours being spread.
    That's interesting, I value the gender of a friend to be true. But thats just me

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lelouch's Geass)
    That's interesting, I value the gender of a friend to be true. But thats just me
    :lol: :ninja:

ReputationRep:
    Confidentiality. I believe in sharing personal information with close friends and I should be able to trust them not to blab it all away to somebody else.

ReputationRep:
    Honesty and transparency

ReputationRep:
    Loyalty.
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Very Important Poster
    Peer Support Volunteers
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    A good listener and knowing that no matter what crap life throws at us we ll get each other through it.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    The two things I've come to appreciate most in recent years from friends are honesty and ability to deal with me vaguely sensibly (if not vaguely well) when I'm psychotic :yes:

ReputationRep:
    honesty and ability to not take anything personally

ability to talk about anything in confidence

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pickles)
    I think with my friends it's the ability to not take ourselves too seriously when we're together. We can have a laugh and not get annoyed with each other.

What quality do you value the most with your friends?
    i was going to say having a good sense of humour i.e not taking things we say to each other too seriously because we know we're friends.
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Very Important Poster
    (Original post by Asuna Yuuki)
    Agreed. I've been n this situation a few times. When I had it last year, I just had to apologise and explain a few things and we then talked. I've then had the situation where so-called friends (now-ex friends) used my failures against me.

It's difficult to just pick one, imo. But for me, it's things like trust, honesty and confidentiality. Did used to have a "friend" who would go around telling people things about me which had nothing to do with them. Frustrating. And what he told them wasn't quite true either.

ReputationRep:
    Honesty and loyalty

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Acceptance of them knowing who you are and not trying to change that (except in a good way)

ReputationRep:
    Independence- in the sense of they don't need anything from me or if I'm having a down period they don't take it personally and just get on with their lives and know that I will be in touch when I'm ready and they don't get butthurt if I don't reply to instant messages INSTANTLY.

Empathetic- still being able to understand even if they haven't experienced something personally why it affects you. The ability to put themselves in your shoes and work their interaction with you around that. Especially with regards to mental health this is super important to me.

Non-judgemental- you can tell them anything, your darkest thoughts or things that have happened and they don't change how they treat you or react to you. They accept you for who you are don't try to impose their judgements in a patronising or harsh way. Criticism or advice is constructive.

Yeah these people are unicorns. But I've found a few! And actually found a few more on TSR!!
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Very Important Poster
    Welcome Squad
    Reliability

I don't like flakey friends.

ReputationRep:
    Loyalty and always having each other's backs

ReputationRep:
    Loyalty and trustworthiness.
    • TSR Community Team
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    TSR Community Team
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by queen-bee)
    Loyalty and always having each other's backs
    I agree - it's so important Your mates should always stick together!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.