Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

How many hours a week do you study? Watch

• View Poll Results: In total, how many hours a week do you study at uni & at home?
    Less than 10 hours
    32.65%
    10 to 20 hours
    21.39%
    20 to 30 hours
    16.70%
    30 to 40 hours
    12.57%
    40 to 50 hours
    6.94%
    More than 50 hours
    9.76%

ReputationRep:
    Less than 10 hours a week guys get your **** together

IT'S BLOODY MARCH ALREADY

ReputationRep:
    Usually around 40, but may occasionally rise to 50 if I'm doing an essay.

My course is medicine.

ReputationRep:
    Probably about 40 hours total with contact hours and independent study.
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Languages (MML) at Cambridge
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    I'm doing 3 a levels and I work until 11pm at night from 7am. My break is the journey back from school, lunch and dinner, so 1 hour free time a day here. However, today I have a little free time as I'm accumulating 'work debt' to pay off tomorrow night.

ReputationRep:
    if you combine lectures and all studying i do about 50-60 hours per week, but I study 3 languages and linguistics and it is very heavy at times

ReputationRep:
    I have 14 hours of lectures a week, and try to study at least 9-5 every weekday, but that doesn't always happen, especially as I have society commitments. I also try to do some work at the weekend as well, so I'd say around 30-35 hours a week

ReputationRep:
    Less than 10 hours a week. BSc Computer science. Although I'm going to change that for my third year and study 40-50 hours per week including everything, lectures etc.

Consequence of studying so little means I've finished 2nd year with less than 50%.

ReputationRep:
    It depends.When everything is in full swing Iwould say about 20-23 timetabled hours.Study - about 10.I am constantly tired I don't understand why :'(

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Paralove)
    Probably about 40 hours total with contact hours and independent study.
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Languages (MML) at Cambridge
    #Goals

ReputationRep:
    I do a part time online course which is the equivalent to a first year of a degree and I'm told to study 10 hours a week and do around that, though I would like to study more hours so as to get a really good understanding of the subject say 20 - 30 hours a week, I do 2 hours in the evening that's it.

Put it like this so far I'm doing two courses Study Skills and Western Architecture I started both in January the end of January so far I've had two assignments one 300 words long and the other 500 words. The next assignment deadline is 10th March 350 words the other is like 1000 words but is due in 4 weeks time. And that's it - for that I'll get 15 CATS points FHEQ Level 4, 120 CATS points is a degree and all the courses are roughly the same. After that it's a diploma for the second year of the degree and then either a university like Oxford Brookes for the final year or the Open University.

Trouble is what with it being so easy I'm getting lazy and need to step my game up a bit or I'll be out of my depth come the third year.
    • Community Assistant
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Welcome Squad
    Not enough! I have 14 hours of lessons per week and I have no idea how long I spend on work.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by N-R-G)
    I do a part time online course which is the equivalent to a first year of a degree and I'm told to study 10 hours a week and do around that, though I would like to study more hours so as to get a really good understanding of the subject say 20 - 30 hours a week, I do 2 hours in the evening that's it.

Put it like this so far I'm doing two courses Study Skills and Western Architecture I started both in January the end of January so far I've had two assignments one 300 words long and the other 500 words. The next assignment deadline is 10th March 350 words the other is like 1000 words but is due in 4 weeks time. And that's it - for that I'll get 15 CATS points FHEQ Level 4, 120 CATS points is a degree and all the courses are roughly the same. After that it's a diploma for the second year of the degree and then either a university like Oxford Brookes for the final year or the Open University.

Trouble is what with it being so easy I'm getting lazy and need to step my game up a bit or I'll be out of my depth come the third year.
    What's the online school you're doing it with? I'm interested in maybe studying distance while working full time

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CherryCherryBoomBoom)
    What's the online school you're doing it with? I'm interested in maybe studying distance while working full time

Its the Oxford University Department for Continuing Education. What subject are you looking at?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Keyhofi)
    Either 25% of respondents are part time, or they don't go to uni.
    or need to work harder :'(

(I am in that 25%)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by N-R-G)
    Its the Oxford University Department for Continuing Education. What subject are you looking at?
    Business Management. I know there are quite a few unis I could get an online degree from, just looking at all my options

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CherryCherryBoomBoom)
    Business Management. I know there are quite a few unis I could get an online degree from, just looking at all my options
    I don't think the OUDCE does business management. Apart from the Open University what other universities offer online courses?

ReputationRep:
    I have 8 hours of lectures a week and about 6/7 hours of those aren't worth going in. Outside of that, if I have an assessment due in then I tend to do maybe 10 hours a week, otherwise I don't really do anything. :getmecoat:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by N-R-G)
    I don't think the OUDCE does business management. Apart from the Open University what other universities offer online courses?
    Yeah, just looked on their website and they don't do. Oh well. My other options I've seen are OU, RDI, Essex, Napier, and a few others.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Puddles the Monkey)
    Including lectures, coursework, reading, everything :yum:

Also, what are you studying?
    Oh i thought it was only for 'homework'!

ReputationRep:
    I'd say 10-20

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.